Culprit Worms?

5/0

Culprit Worms?

Post by 5/0 »

Was thinking of trying Culprit Worms. Do any of you out there use these worms? I would be fishing the foothill reservoirs, Clear Lake, or the Delta.If so, any information on type and colors would be appreciated!

Thanks
Kelly Ripa

Re: Culprit Worms?

Post by Kelly Ripa »

A worm is a worm...Not really. cuz there's the fall rate. Is it salt or baitfish or coffee or what ever impregnated?...then there is the tail and length, and color? ...wacky,t-rig,flippin, carolina, on and on and on. There is no one way to fish a worm that's why the different makes and models to choose from. Culpruit...Hell yeah. I crushed the guys in my club one year in a tournament split shot'n a the small curly tail salt & pepper original ribbontail....I think that was in 88' :shock: ....I have new favorites now :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Any brand worm will work. Just drag it slowly along the bottom and always maintain contact with the bottom, split shot or Carolina rig. Drop shot it with a 6-12 inch leader Green pumpkin, watermelon, black, purple, brown.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I've caught bigger bass on the Delta during the summer, Texas rigging the larger Culprit Fat Max. I'll drag it through grass in 6 to 8 ft of water. Its a big profile worm. Less bites, but good fish up to 5 lbs.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Culprit RIbbon Tail worms were the best thing going a few yrs back !! I Texas rigged them with a glass bead and a 1/4 brass bullet weight (Brass n Glass) and caught lots of good fish !! I still have a bunch of them somewhere in my vast collection of worms, lol !! They actually work best on a slow retrieve ! Grass lines, rock piles, ledges and edges !! Delta, Clear Lake, Melones, Pedro, just about anywhere !! Green Pumpkin, Purple, Red, Black !!
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Thanks everyone, will try them.