Iovino Worms?

5/0

Iovino Worms?

Post by 5/0 »

I found a couple of used bags of these worms in my garage that I bought 10+ years ago. They were 10 count. Now I see that the minimum is 25. That is a little steep if you wanted to get 2-3 options. Are these worms used much today, or have other companys like Roboworm become a better option?

Thanks....Joe
WRB

Re: Iovino Worms?

Post by WRB »

Don Iovino Products are available from Tackle Warehouse. Don still sells out of his garage however TW is his primary retail source.
Soft plastic worms will last for decades if no scent has been added into the bags, scent can react negatively with some worms.
Don still makes up custom colors and has a few unique colors not availble anywhere else.
Tom
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Been using them for 20+ years S-20 is favorite in 6" spade. Texas rig, dropshot or weightless for stained water. If you fish clear water lakes, a dart head works good with the S-111 small mouth killer color.
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

I still use the 6” spade tail Avocado Weenie & Green Weenie. Been using them for 20 years and still get great results. I think the names of the colors have changed but still available.
Last edited by clum553946 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Thank you! One of the packs was the S-20. Looking online the newer version has more orange than brown. I had the 6" spade. Since they are now 25 packs, would the spade and ST in 2-3 different colors work well? I remember using the 4" Roboworm sculpin on a D/S and having success with it. The sculpin is no longer available. Would the Iovino Reaper be a good alternative?

Thanks Joe.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

There is still quite a quiet colt following for that S-20 and Ivino worms. If ya ever wanna get rid of those old things and go with new and shiny - let me know ill retire them for ya :wink:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
spinnerbait70

Post by spinnerbait70 »

Favorite plastics by far. Honeycomb 6” straight tail and spade tail have been very consistent. I’m sorry I can’t give you my favorite pattern as it outfishes anything I’ve ever used and can’t give that up. Iovino plastics are softer than most and have great action. I don’t touch my robos anymore. I order 200-500 at a time and still run out quickly. That should give you an idea how well they work. A 10 pac wouldn’t have lasted a morning this past year on new melones.
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Thanks Spinnerbait! No, I wouldn't want you to reveal the pattern, but if you could reveal a couple of other color options it would be appreciated.
I have looked at both the Iovino and TW websites and to me it looks like the colors have changed a bit. In the past the baits were more translucent, they appear darker to me now. Is this the case?

Thanks....Joe
spinnerbait70

Post by spinnerbait70 »

S-20 as stated previously
Honeycomb as stated previously and
Hint - dual color, color-sweet
WRB

Post by WRB »

Smallmouth Killer is over looked.
Tom
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Thanks Tom! One of those left over bags was Smallmouth Killer. It had one worm left in it so that leads me to believe it worked well!