Bad custmer service lowrance/Navico

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Abb

Bad custmer service lowrance/Navico

Post by Abb »

Let me start out by saying that I have always supported Lowrance products I use them exclusively. I just recently purchased and HDS carbon 16 it came defective 0 usage out of it and have had the run around for 30 days later customer service RMA has me in the same boat I started in. I know there are reps from lowrance here and I need help. I just want what i paid for. my experience has not been good at all. I really just want to make this right and go about my fishing life without bad mouthing the band i have trusted in for many years
mark poulson

Re: Bad custmer service lowrance/Navico

Post by mark poulson »

When Navico took over and lost Linda Colt, they lost their customer service, too.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Edd

Post by Edd »

How about telling us a lot more? What is wrong, where did you purchase, who did the install, and add some supporting pics. You can do all this in a PM if you prefer.
Edd
Abb

Post by Abb »

As frustrated as I am I want a solution more than I want to complain about it and I will message you with the details.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I know exactly what your saying. which after 25 years of using their products exclusively I will no longer. That said, easy solution, box it up and return it to the retailer, if they tell you no call your credit card company. That's the only way I could get satisfaction. It was a bit of work, but far less frustrating! Good luck. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Abb

Post by Abb »

....dam i don't even know what to say about that dan that sucks i seen your post. Im gonna see what happens once the senko hits the bottom there will be more to this story.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

mark poulson wrote:When Navico took over and lost Linda Colt, they lost their customer service, too.
Fact!
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

I called Lowrance "service" Thursday with a question about hooking up a LGC 16W gps antenna to a new elite 5Ti:
The rep told me you can't add an antenna, even though it says you can in the manual. He kept talking about point 1 antennas- which I again told him is not the antenna I'm referring to. Unfortunately, this is a common experience when calling in for technical advice. The seller said to call Lowrance service when I asked them for help. I will never buy another new unit from Lowrance again. I love my older units as the instructions are completely clear in the manuals- and they're easily understood.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Dave Wilson wrote:I called Lowrance "service" Thursday with a question about hooking up a LGC 16W gps antenna to a new elite 5Ti:
The rep told me you can't add an antenna, even though it says you can in the manual. He kept talking about point 1 antennas- which I again told him is not the antenna I'm referring to. Unfortunately, this is a common experience when calling in for technical advice. The seller said to call Lowrance service when I asked them for help. I will never buy another new unit from Lowrance again. I love my older units as the instructions are completely clear in the manuals- and they're easily understood.
How were you planning on connecting your 16W? It does not support NMEA-0183 sentences and has NO NMEA-2000 connectivity. This module was built for specific Mark and Elite units....Elite-ti is NOT one of those units. Looks like "SUPPORT" got it right again.

Edd
Abb

Post by Abb »

SOLVED

Turns out the culprit was a bad AC adapter for my home charger and a bad connection and wiring from my recent ultrex installation. So the problem was on my end. User error. Next time I'll name the post bad customer and leave out the service part. Looks like I set the hook too early on this one.