What are you doing different this year

jiggin4bass

What are you doing different this year

Post by jiggin4bass »

Im going too fish jigs 99% of time year around for 2019 instead of 98% like i did in 2018 Ill leave the 1% for spring for topwater of some kind. I might even start fishing 2 to 3 days a week again. Dam i love this job.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Otay Michael

Re: What are you doing different this year

Post by Otay Michael »

I going to learn how to fish from the internet more... I found a new league (as far as how it's now operated I guess) called Major Fishing League. They broadcast every event online (I never had cable, so never watched the bass fishing shows). I know most here know all about it, but it's new to me, and so are the anglers- Jordan Lee, Evers, Tharp, etc., as I only knew of Iaconelli, Rojas and Van Dam. Instant catch, weigh and release by officials is AWESOME. So is the penalty (two minutes no fishing) for letting the fish hit the carpet, removing the protective coating (slime) off them which increases death rates days later. Since it's recorded, I've had time to watch every second of pre-finals, which is five days, then the final day. Surprised though, FL and TX both had so many small fish average, and hardly any lunkers caught. Also surprised so many had a hard time catching any fish, even though temps did drop at both lakes- storms. One thinks pros could figure any water out fairly easy, will makes me feel better about tough days. :lol:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

PS I might throw a jig more, since now I throw top 98% of the time, plastic 2%, pretty much year round.
Might cut it down to 97%.
:lol:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
WRB

Post by WRB »

So far 2019 has been a nightmare and haven't got out to fish yet! Lots of rain that is good.
My advice is get out on the water as much as possible and catch bass on whatever you prefer to use. There isn't any garantee tomorrow will be better then today,
Tom
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I am gonna get more use outta my rain gear !...
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Fish more lakes. I've always been a delta rat but with the amount of rain, muddy water and overall below average fishing it's time to branch out.

I'm really hoping to catch my first hud & glide bait fish.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....