Transducer on trolling motor

Johnny Reb

Transducer on trolling motor

Post by Johnny Reb »

I am curious if anyone has mounted a Lowrance Total Scan transducer with DI & Si to a bow mount trolling motor? If so are satisfied with the results? If not what is the problem?
Tony M

Re: Transducer on trolling motor

Post by Tony M »

I mounted a Totalscan on my Ultrex. It works great. You will need an adapter to fit the transducer to the bottom of the trolling motor. You can order the adapter from Comfortroll.
Johnny Reb

Post by Johnny Reb »

Thank you for the information.
I was beginning to think I was asking for the impossible and maybe this was a bad idea.
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

I mounted mine with a transducer shield & saver for this application. Shield & Saver makes their mounts for specific TM brands & applications. They’re expensive but having a TS transducer expossed on the bottom of a TM makes no sense. Takes some getting used to but I like it so far.
DAVE MOEN
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

I mounted mine using the specific mount from Transducer shield & saver for my exact TM. It makes a difference on which model you get based on your particular TM ie. whether it has a built in transducer or not. Works great but takes a little getting used to.
DAVE MOEN
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

Sorry the double post.
DAVE MOEN
Johnny Reb

Post by Johnny Reb »

Thanks for the information and the double post is OK. I am an old guy and most of the time I need to be told twice before I understand. Transducer Shield and Saver looks like a good investment.