Is the ca delta about to bust open?

serina_mikaelson

Is the ca delta about to bust open?

Post by serina_mikaelson »

I was in fishermans wharehouse and some of the guys were saying the delta is about to take off.Being that were in march and 70 degrees on sunday do you delta rats think the bite should turn on, i know the river is muddy but how much longer would you guestemate :?:
JoeLanghans

Re: Is the ca delta about to bust open?

Post by JoeLanghans »

It’ll be terrible for the next 3 months, stay away
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

If the temps rise it'll improve the reaction bite. The fish are around, just tight lipped. The bite window is small and presentation is everything. If it's not really close you aren't getting bit.

The spawn will proceed regardless. Clarity doesn't effect the fish, just the fisherman.

That said I boated 3 solid fish today on reaction baits before the window slammed shut.

Warming weather and slowing rain run off will only help. I cant wait until may when the topwater bite should be in full swing..
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

Find relatively clear water. They were already positioning the past week, and will get closer everyday this week. You'll see fish on beds in clear water in a week. It happens fast on the Delta.
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Freefall wrote:If the temps rise it'll improve the reaction bite. The fish are around, just tight lipped. The bite window is small and presentation is everything. If it's not really close you aren't getting bit.

The spawn will proceed regardless. Clarity doesn't effect the fish, just the fisherman.

That said I boated 3 solid fish today on reaction baits before the window slammed shut.

Warming weather and slowing rain run off will only help. I cant wait until may when the topwater bite should be in full swing..
That^^^ We have learned the hard way that presentation matters this year, no hand grenades from 60 ft. Try to slip it in and under things quietly. Going out today to play in the wind.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Nothing to see here - the muddy water will delay the spawn for until May - until then i encourage everyone to go to Folsom or Comanche.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/