Ripped OFF in Clasifieds

DaveN

Ripped OFF in Clasifieds

Post by DaveN »

I'm pretty Pissed right now. Not only at the punk that advertised electronics for sale but myself for trusting him. After email messages for 2 days and a phone call I thought I could trust him. Sent him $1200 thru PayPal gifts to friends, as soon as he received his payment emails and texts stopped, haven't heard from him since, no package tracking number as promised, NOTHING !! I know his name, phone number, city, hell I even know his boat trailer plate number. Anyone have any suggestions. Ad was posted on this site which REALLY torques my ***. Thanks His WB user name is levi4life79@gmail.com Thanks again
Last edited by DaveN on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jg

Re: Ripped OFF in Clasifieds

Post by jg »

I would guess if he cheated you everything you have was fake also. Good luck on getting your money back.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Have you tried a claim with Paypal

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/p ... d-security
From Paypal...
Dispute resolution
If there’s a problem with a transaction, we’ll put a hold on the funds until the issue is resolved. We investigate and stay involved every step of the way.
Reel Guy

Post by Reel Guy »

File the clam with PayPal. They are very quick to help you resolve this transaction. They will want to see your e-mails and they will stop payment as soon as you file. I have used them a few times in the past and this is why you use PayPal. You will get your money back.
THE DR

Post by THE DR »

For future purchases, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS pay "goods and services" not "friends and family". This is put in place to protect you as a buyer, for instances just like this..

I hope you get it resolved.

For such a large purchase, I would always research your seller, especially for references on the particular site your are buying through.
MT

Post by MT »

Name him.
jerrysfishing

Post by jerrysfishing »

Report it to the police
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

jg wrote:I would guess if he cheated you everything you have was fake also. Good luck on getting your money back.
Don't really know what that means but thanks
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

Yeah he posted a bunch of posts on near new Helix units and an Ultrex. I was going to jump on the Ultrex but want a new one out of box. People can be shady. Hopefully the moderators can boot this person.
zmyers
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

This sucks and it’s always disheartening to hear that members of this community get burned by unscrupulous characters and crooks. Years ago I wrote this piece that is a sticky on the classifieds forum that can help you the buyer protect yourself against fraud cya-line-purchases-through-private-parties-t64209.html

Now that you feel you’ve been burned your paths of recourse are to put in a claim immediately through PayPal and make a police report. As mentioned previously there is a good chance that everything you think you know about the seller is also faked.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
split172

Post by split172 »

What the name, number, plate and any other info you have?

Here is info I have found on him based from a phone number search.

Name: Isaiah Martinez. 28 years old.
Last edited by split172 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
serina_mikaelson

Post by serina_mikaelson »

His instagram in levi4life79 maybe u can amake a female profile and trick him into meeting also he keeps posting on the classified i think he works at food max modesto
serina_mikaelson

Post by serina_mikaelson »

Ask the moderators fir help hes posted those electronics and trolling motor in here alot of times
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

split172 wrote:
Maybe drive over to his place for a meet and greet.

This is how you end up getting shot. File a report and try to get more info on the person to give police. File a claim with PayPal.
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

I’ve warned multiple people about this *** hat many times. His fake story about how he needs to go to bass pro shops and buy a new unit so send him money didn’t fly in my book. This guy has been posting these units for over a year. I hope he gets what’s coming to him!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I understand that tempers are up and you’ve been burnt but now we have people posting addresses, telephone numbers of people who may or may not be the person of interest with encouragement to go meet at these locations. Get your screenshots, email and PM information and file a police report. Let the police investigators do their job cause we are not going to allow or support vigilantism on these boards. This Levi guy saw your post and edited a ton of his in the classifieds in short this post is hurting you further and dude is covering his tracks.

I am locking this post and pulling the doxxing info- if y’all want to share privately I can’t stop ya but this is a Conversation that needs to be had with LEOand PayPal.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/