2007 mercury 150 optimax

Nevadabassin

2007 mercury 150 optimax

Post by Nevadabassin »

I am looking for some help/ advise from the bass fishing community. I have a 2007 Mercury optimax 150 on a ranger 188vs. I have owned it since it was new. Lately I have been noticing it running alittle cool. Running full speed full trim I am getting around 87 to 91 degrees. At idle around 125 to 135. As soon as I jump on plan, it drops way off. I had a local mercury dealer look at it and install new thermostats. It seems to be burning more fuel (maybe im crazy). Does anyone know what temp it should be at when running full speed. If I am right I think it should be around 110 to 120. I have no over heating issues. I have also noticed excessive oil residue inside the prop like it was running rich. Last, the boat runs great. Any advise would be super helpful. Or if you guys know a good mercury guy that would give some advise.

Thanks
hydro

Re: 2007 mercury 150 optimax

Post by hydro »

With the Mercury EFI V6 outboards the fuel : air ratio is richened when the engine is cold and then gradually leaned out as the motor temp increases up to normal operating temperature . Not sure if this carries over to the Optimax series of engines but if so you may not be crazy after all regarding increased fuel usage .