Clear Lake 3/28/19

On The Water Guide Service

Clear Lake 3/28/19

Post by On The Water Guide Service »

Enough with the rain already. I am starting to understand how those poor folks that live in Seattle feel. We sure have been slammed with storm after storm and what seems like record rainfall amounts this year. The last couple storms that rolled through were a lot colder coming down from the gulf of Alaska. This dropped the water temps back down to the lower fifties and for the most part has moved the bass back offshore a bit. This is that time of year where the bass move up shallow and then back out deep based on changing water temps and barometric pressure. The key is making the right adjustments with regard to your techniques and boat position to find them. This coming weekend should be great fishing with warming temperatures and highs in the seventies forecasted. I would look for the bass to head back towards the shore and to get back into a good pre- spawn feeding situation.

I would recommend fishing lures that you can quickly cover a lot of water like the A rig. Stay on the move until you catch one and then slow down and cover that area thoroughly with slower lures like a swimbait or jerk bait. A white chatter bait with a Keitech trailer has been working well out in front of the docks. I have also done well on a crawdad pattern square bill crank bait when the fish are up shallow on a hard rocky bottom. I talked with some anglers that were doing quite well and catching good numbers while throwing a 6" worm on the drop shot this past week.

Crappie action remains good especially in the north end with lot's of one to one and a half pound slabs being caught on a variety of different colored crappie jigs and small live minnows. The action should get even better this coming weekend with the warmer weather.

Tight Lines,
Troy Bellah
Attachments
IMG_0570.JPG
Devon8604

Re: Clear Lake 3/28/19

Post by Devon8604 »

Thanks for the update Troy!
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Clear Lake 3/28/19

Post by ash »