Your Favorite Line and why? Mono or Floro

DDG

Your Favorite Line and why? Mono or Floro

Post by DDG »

As the subject reads: What is your Favorite Line and why
jiggin4bass

Re: Your Favorite Line and why? Mono or Floro

Post by jiggin4bass »

Maxima ultragreen 4,6,8,10 lbs mono been using it for years I fish jigs 98% of the time year around from finesse jigs to
Jigs up too 3/4 oz oz it tie jigs in many different styles. I never feed the bass the same jig pattern I have 8 rod out all the time and they all have different styles of jig I like fishing Rocky structure brush piles trees and isolated structure when I'm out fishing. Jigs and Yamamoto trailers. Best way to go.
Deep targets in winter light line nothing is better than that.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Mono (actually co-poly): McCoy's Mean Green

Fluoro: Seaguar Invizx

Reason for both: Supple, very manageable line. Pleasure to cast. Yes, as with any other line, they do start to coil after being on a reel for a while, so when that starts happening, replace and enjoy happy casting again.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
WRB

Post by WRB »

It's really hard to beat a premium monofilament line, Nylon or copolymer. Nylon blended with Nylon is considered mono these days and another grade or another polymer like polyuerathane is considered copolymer, all are monofilament lines.
Fluorocarbon or 100% fluorocarbon is also a monofilament line called fluorocarbon line to set it aside fron Nylon mono or coploymer line. Add coextruded hybrids like Yo-Zuri or FluoroClear another monofilament line meaning "single filament" and confusion starts in.
Super braids made from spectra fibers braided with 4 or 8 carriers finishes off the full spectrum on line insanity.
1. Mono, all types, stretch nearly exactly the same % per lb test rated by diameter.
2. Bass are not line shy fish so low light refraction fluorocarbon is nearly useless.
3. Abrasion resistance, knot strength and impact strength are meaningful.
I use Betkley Big Game mono for crabkbaits and change it often.
Sunline Shooter and Seagaur Tatsu FC for jigs.
5 lb Maxiuma Ultra Green for finesse.
Finns PRC 60 lb green for heavy cover
25 lb Sunline Armillo Defier Nylon for swimbaits and wake baits.
The above works for me.
Tom
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I have more fluro tied up then mono these days. I still will use Mono leaders to braid but my jigs, senkos, dartheads etc.. Fluro. Mono leaders for topwater, some cranks and some swimbaits - on my spinning the Stren Flurocast has been a favorite. For Fluro Triline 100% Flurocarbon Line and Trilene Nano Braid, for the bigger braid Finns.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

I use mostly Fluorocarbon line because it lasts longer between changes.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Dave Wilson wrote:I use mostly Fluorocarbon line because it lasts longer between changes.
I feel the opposite. Big game lasts forever.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Bass Pro Shopper wrote:Mono (actually co-poly): McCoy's Mean Green

Fluoro: Seaguar Invizx

Reason for both: Supple, very manageable line. Pleasure to cast. Yes, as with any other line, they do start to coil after being on a reel for a while, so when that starts happening, replace and enjoy happy casting again.
A simple solution to coiled line on a spinning reel .
Day before your going out , take your spinning reels/rods out and stretch out ( small amount of tension ) about 120 feet of line . while it has a small amount of tension , use a very small cloth and put KVD line conditioner on it ( apply it back and forth a few times running the wet cloth down/up the line . Line casts better than new and doesn't coil .
Saves me money and makes the line , any line ( except braid ) perform better .
Robb
tailhook

Post by tailhook »

Sunline Sniper is my go-to Flouro and has been for years. It's excellent as a leader or mainline, very easy to manage. Assassin and Reaction are tied for 2nd - though I really only use them for leaders.

It's been ages since I've used mono as a mainline, when I did it was usually Maxima or P-line.
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

P-Line Flouro-Clear.
Strong / supple / knot integrity / works well spinning for casting applications. low visibility in water.
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I, too, have been using regular P-Line fluorocarbon for years now. Mostly 6 lb test which does fine on smaller spinning reels. Never seems to break. Maybe our bass are too small!!