Expride/Sustain v Zodias/Stradic v Expride/Stradic

Post by arrayscout »

Hi Everyone,
Upping my gear quality soon.

I'm considering:
Expride 7' Med paired with Sustain 2500, or
Zodias 7' Med paired with Stradic Ci4+ 2500 or
Expride 7' Med paired with Stradic Ci4+ 2500

I'm leading towards the 3rd one above since I hear Expride is good sensitive rod, and I don't think I will see too much difference between the Sustain and Stradic reel.

I'm finesse fishing bass mostly at reservoirs.

Any opinions and or experiences?

Ken
DanIsaac

Re: Expride/Sustain v Zodias/Stradic v Expride/Stradic

Post by DanIsaac »

#3 DITTO
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
tailhook

Post by tailhook »

I have the 7' Med Expride with a Ci4+ 2500 and it is truly remarkable. Very light and sensitive, but comfortable enough to use all day long (the grip/reel seat design on the Expride is a nice touch).

I own a few Zodias rods too, they are great and share a lot of the same features, but the Exprides are definitely lighter. For your finesse application, where bait/bottom contact is so crucial, I would throw down the extra $ for the Expride w/ the Ci4+.
arrayscout

Post by arrayscout »

tailhook wrote:I have the 7' Med Expride with a Ci4+ 2500 and it is truly remarkable. Very light and sensitive, but comfortable enough to use all day long (the grip/reel seat design on the Expride is a nice touch).

I own a few Zodias rods too, they are great and share a lot of the same features, but the Exprides are definitely lighter. For your finesse application, where bait/bottom contact is so crucial, I would throw down the extra $ for the Expride w/ the Ci4+.
Good info. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm sold on Expride and Stradic Ci4+.