Fishing Camanche April 16 The Last Storm?

StanL

Fishing Camanche April 16 The Last Storm?

Post by StanL »

Fishing Camanche.jpeg
Fishing Camanche April 16

Today we took advantage of the last storm of the year. Well, maybe it's the last storm of the year. We'll see.

The surface temperature of the water was at 64 degress.

With 3318 cubic feet per second of water coming in and 2400 cubic feet per second going out, the lake is rising, which usually makes for good fishing and it did today!

We concentrated all our efforts on slow-tapering, gravel rock banks with an assortment of baits from topwater lures to Carolina rig’s.

It seemed like the fish were in the 4 to 12 foot range.

And we saw a lot of fish on beds.

I hope this helps good luck fishing and please practice catch and release!

Stan
0.jpg
eric_starke

Re: Fishing Camanche April 16 The Last Storm?

Post by eric_starke »

I just moved to Utah this past November and took a trip to Clear Lake towards the end of March. I did not do anything remarkable at Clear Lake but I ended up stopping at Camanche on my drive back to Utah and fishing for a few hours. I did pretty well fishing slow on the bottom with chatterbaits and I am looking to return in the fall. How does the lake fish in the fall? I am very unfamiliar with fishing reservoirs so I am clueless about how water level effects fishing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
StanL

Re: Fishing Camanche April 16 The Last Storm?

Post by StanL »

Camanche can be a great place to fish in the fall . October can be a transitional month but from November on there is usually a real good jig bite .I hope this helps good luck fishing!!