Lowrance charts

Lowrance charts

Lowrance charts

Post by Lowrance charts »

I am new to the modern technology have not had a boat in sometime. I recently purchased one it has a Lowrance elite 5 hdi. I have read the online manual since it did not come with one. So the question is I cannot find any charts that are under $100.00 I only need one for Potomac river and nothing else I was wondering if anyone knew where I can just get what I need thanks.
ttb31183

Re: Lowrance charts

Post by ttb31183 »

Lowrance charts wrote:I am new to the modern technology have not had a boat in sometime. I recently purchased one it has a Lowrance elite 5 hdi. I have read the online manual since it did not come with one. So the question is I cannot find any charts that are under $100.00 I only need one for Potomac river and nothing else I was wondering if anyone knew where I can just get what I need thanks.
The Navionics+ Regions East has everything you could ever need for there. It's $149 but there is a $50 rebate if you have an old card to trade in. Here is the link to the rebate: https://www.navionics.com/usa/lp/rebate

For anyone else, this link will show what card works for each unit: https://d2wb2wm9dm62ai.cloudfront.net/w ... yGuide.pdf
Tyler Brinks
Lowrance charts

Post by Lowrance charts »

Thanks that’s a lot better I appreciate the info. The local cabelas guy said there was some as he called it reversed engineer stuff out there but that is to risky for me I will do what you suggested thanks.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Another nice feature of the Navionics chip is that when you buy it, it comes with free updates for a year. All you have to do is plug the micro SD card into a USB port on your PC, the adapters come free with the chip. They will remind you when your year's "subscription" is almost up. Also, you can go to Navionics.com any time and view the latest info via their (free) WebApp (ChartViewer). Great way to study a lake/river from the comfort of your own home.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Another option is to download the Navionics app on your phone or tablet for $14.99. The benefit of the app is that it is always live with updates and it works off of satellite and not cellular services.
The Wanabepro
MTSAZ

Post by MTSAZ »

I bypassed the new subscription--and let it lapse---I use the chart in the carbon- and the phone app. its excellent.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Unless you fish at Lake McClure and then it sucks...... I still cannot find anything that I can plug into my Lowrance that compares to the Lakemaster card I used in my birds on my old boat.