St. Croix Legend Elite suggestions

Bigfish

St. Croix Legend Elite suggestions

Post by Bigfish »

I have a broken legend elite that’s been sitting around for years. So I thought it might be time to warranty it. For $85 I can get a new $400+ rod. “Can’t beat that” I want to exchange it for different rod. The only rods I think I am lacking is a good all around sensor rod or maybe a rod for A-rig’s which I haven’t really gotten into yet.
Can any of you guys out there give any suggestions on which rod in the legend elite series I should get? Or is the legend elite just overkill for the baits I want to throw. Or is there another line of St.. Croix rods that I should be looking at? Maybe they would be willing to exchange the Legend elite rod for 2 rods in 1 of there less expensive lines.

What should I do? And why?

Thanx,

Tony
StanL

Re: St. Croix Legend Elite suggestions

Post by StanL »

I throw my A rigs on a 7’6” light flipping legend extreme Hope this helps
christopherstellar

Re: St. Croix Legend Elite suggestions

Post by christopherstellar »

Tony,

I’ve been on St Croixs Pro Staff for quite some time now and I’ve never owned a better rod than these new Legend Xs, that just came out. My favorite all around rod in that lineup is the 7’ 1” MH XF. I Texas rig, throw finesse jigs, spinner baits, topwater, and senkos all on this rod. I own 3 of them and honestly could buy 2 more.