Thousands of salmon killed... Trump administration wants answers.

WB Staff

Thousands of salmon killed... Trump administration wants answers.

Post by WB Staff »

salmon killed oroville dam.JPG
State killed thousands of salmon, anglers report. Now the Trump administration wants answers.

It was a big milestone for the state officials who manage Oroville Dam: For several days in early April, they sent water down the dam’s flood control spillway, showing that the concrete chute was finally functional after a two-year, $1.1 billion repair job.

But downstream from the dam, fishing guides on the Feather River say they found thousands of baby salmon that turned up dead after the state Department of Water Resources reduced flows down the spillway and water levels on the river abruptly receded. They provided The Sacramento Bee with photos of dead and dying fish on the riverbanks to back up their allegations.

Now the Trump administration is demanding answers. On Tuesday, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission — which holds the dam’s license — sent a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration asking for detailed information on how many fish died and what DWR would do to prevent future fish kills. The move could lead to more tension between the Trump and Newsom administration over Oroville Dam.

More info at Sac Bee https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/calif ... 94078.html
mark poulson

Re: Thousands of salmon killed... Trump administration wants answers.

Post by mark poulson »

I'm pretty sure the salmon were chased up out of the water by the stripers and black bass.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

mark poulson wrote:I'm pretty sure the salmon were chased up out of the water by the stripers and black bass.
Oh thank God. I thought this article was referring to all the steelhead in the Ventura River watershed. :lol:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

gixxer464 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:I'm pretty sure the salmon were chased up out of the water by the stripers and black bass.
Oh thank God. I thought this article was referring to all the steelhead in the Ventura River watershed. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY