Barrett Lake fun...

Otay Michael

Barrett Lake fun...

Post by Otay Michael »

Killing 'em at Barrett (East San Diego County, catch and release only). Only got 22 on top this past Wed., in a half day, but was sunny for once, got 38 the week before when overcast, as I did the week prior. All topwater, averaging 3 lbs each, a few 4's and 5's and a couple of Sixers and sevens. Spooks, frogs, and boot tail flukes. Fun times. Would show you some, but nowhere to upload photos on this post. :?

Lost my last 6" wooden Lunker Punker, anybody got one they'd like to sell pm me, it was my last one.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Topwater All Day

Re: Barrett Lake fun...

Post by Topwater All Day »

Ah, I miss that lake the most of all of them in SD! When they reopened Barrett it was amazing - glad to see it's still fishing great!

How are the reservations done for Barret now? I'll be down in SD in mid July for my daughter's softball tournament and might try and sneak in a day out there if possible!

And sorry Michael, the only wood Punker I have left is not for sale!!! 8)
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Topwater All Day wrote:Ah, I miss that lake the most of all of them in SD! When they reopened Barrett it was amazing - glad to see it's still fishing great!

How are the reservations done for Barret now? I'll be down in SD in mid July for my daughter's softball tournament and might try and sneak in a day out there if possible!

And sorry Michael, the only wood Punker I have left is not for sale!!! 8)
The July boats should be just 'walk on' to purchase, too hot for most folks to want to play. Frog bite will be 'off the hook', no pun intended. PM me your number I'll give you more details.

Still looking for a 6" Punker, it's one of my go to's, I've got an 8", and it's better than nothing. Anyone got an extra one or two please sell it to me, they don't make them anymore.

Oh, here is a fun video of some action a couple of weeks ago there, put my iPhone in my pocket and made it a GO-PrO, like any pro would! :lol:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Little footage of one of my nicer frog fish there too, getting a lot of 6 and 7 pounders. Lost a dd or two.

Otay Michael