New Melonies

Wrknap

New Melonies

Post by Wrknap »

Heading over to New Melonies early next week, I’m taking my son & brother in-law. This is an annual trip we take. I haven’t seen one thing of late about Melonies so I thought some of you pros could throw out a tip or two. Last year at this time we fished the inlet focusing on points and had a ball. Should I expect any change this year?
Thanks to all in advance!
I hope to provide a good report after our trip.
gixxer464

Re: New Melonies

Post by gixxer464 »

Check out this video that was recently posted:
new-melones-lake-top-water-and-senkos-t121974.html
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Bite has been great, top water has been solid and kitechs In sexy shad on a underspin has been working really well win suns up and bite shuts down sometime us have to throw the ol stinks but it will produce numbers and every once in a while quality. Top water and underspin have been pretty solid fish. I have been fishing 49 bridge and up
Nevadabassin

Post by Nevadabassin »

Go throw a Ned rig close to deep water.ull get bit.bite is good right now
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

We had a great trip to New Melonies this past week. We fished three days and every day was fantastic, 50+ fish days and we were off the water by 1pm. I found the better areas were above the 49 bridge. Early mornings were beautiful but slow, the bite didn’t really get going until the sun hit the water. SpiderJigs with twin tails seemed to work best although we caught fish on just about whatever we threw. My brother-in-law even caught a big cat on a spinner bait, crazy!
Looking forward to the next trip!
Attachments
3B58DE89-0EBE-4514-994D-238E1143E609.jpg
3C5F99B9-700E-42A3-A252-37CB438541D1.jpg
3E0DF3BA-0B38-433E-97C9-938EC295B5C0.jpg
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Sorry to thread jack, but can anyone recommend places to stay near Melones that are boat friendly possibly with power outlets?

Thinking about taking my youngest son (non fisherman) and one of his friends out for two days and it sounds like there is a reasonable bite. Never fished Melones.
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

Numerous VRBO’s in Murphy’s or Jamestown has a few hotels if it would be easier for your stay. Short drive to tuttletown ramp from either town. I have stored my boat at Mark Twain boat and RV storage many times. Electrical outlets and the security is excellent not to mention it’s conveniently located just as you turn into the tuttletown campgrounds and boat ramp.
Beautiful lake... although use caution, with the rising levels there’s allot of floating logs in the water.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

You might try Angel's Camp RV Resort. They have cabins and should be boat friendly, although the cabins are on the expensive side.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Second on Angels Camp RV park. Right across the street from Glory Hole Sports and entrance to the lake. Great people and nice camp ground. I usually stay in my RV but have had several friends stay in the cabins. Not sure if there is tent camping.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Thanks for all the input. We can only go up for one night, so I made reservations in Angels Camp at the Travel Lodge. I believe it used to be Angels Inn or similar. Hopefully there isn't a tournament going on Sunday. Guess I'll find out.

First time to NM. Fingers crossed I can get the boys on some fish.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.