Clearlake

th365thli

Clearlake

Post by th365thli »

Hey guys, I'll be fishing Clearlake for the first time this weekend. Any general tips or locations? I'm not looking for any detailed secrets, just a general direction would be very welcome. I'll be launching out of Clear Lake State Park on the west side.
sjammer

Re: Clearlake

Post by sjammer »

I usually fish the southern end of the lake by Rattlesnake Island, since we have a place in the oaks. Here are some places I know, but you will need a boat since it is a distance from the State Park.

1. Windflower Point
2. Rattlesnake Island
3. Around Weekend Island & Fruit Island.
4. There is cove in the Oaks with a house on the point that has metal retaining wall that is falling, which has always produced some fish for me.

The north end has a lot of hot spots too, just not sure of locations since I do not really get up there much. You can check the local tackle shops too. I am usually fishing from a kayak so I do net get around much of the lake.
Carol Knowles

Post by Carol Knowles »

Rattlesnake Island!
th365thli

Post by th365thli »

sjammer wrote:I usually fish the southern end of the lake by Rattlesnake Island, since we have a place in the oaks. Here are some places I know, but you will need a boat since it is a distance from the State Park.

1. Windflower Point
2. Rattlesnake Island
3. Around Weekend Island & Fruit Island.
4. There is cove in the Oaks with a house on the point that has metal retaining wall that is falling, which has always produced some fish for me.

The north end has a lot of hot spots too, just not sure of locations since I do not really get up there much. You can check the local tackle shops too. I am usually fishing from a kayak so I do net get around much of the lake.
Thanks for the tips! I'll check those places out. I was hoping to not venture too far from launch but this is a good backup plan.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Word on the street is wide open bites, docks with deeper water and rock piles are seeing more action. The Brown Jig like Canopy Grenades CA Craw or Brown Purple are always good on Clear Lake. https://canopygrenades.com/collections/ ... fbjca-craw Match it up with a Berkley Max Scent Meaty Chunk in Watermelon Red and hold on. If they want less action that Berkley Max Scent Creature Hog in Watermelon Red fits the crawdads up there. Bluegil brown purple with a purple trailer that MaxScent Chunk in Black and Blue has been great for me up there earlier this year.

You really cant go wrong right now drop shot a Max Scent Hit Worm Grande in bluegill or check out Texas Johns 10lber he caught on Monday on the Grande Lures Rattlesnack :shock:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
th365thli

Post by th365thli »

ash wrote:Word on the street is wide open bites, docks with deeper water and rock piles are seeing more action. The Brown Jig like Canopy Grenades CA Craw or Brown Purple are always good on Clear Lake. https://canopygrenades.com/collections/ ... fbjca-craw Match it up with a Berkley Max Scent Meaty Chunk in Watermelon Red and hold on. If they want less action that Berkley Max Scent Creature Hog in Watermelon Red fits the crawdads up there. Bluegil brown purple with a purple trailer that MaxScent Chunk in Black and Blue has been great for me up there earlier this year.

You really cant go wrong right now drop shot a Max Scent Hit Worm Grande in bluegill or check out Texas Johns 10lber he caught on Monday on the Grande Lures Rattlesnack :shock:
That is awesome news, jig fishing rocks is my favorite technique. Now all I gotta do is find them rocks. I love how shallow the lake is relative to other places. Tired of fishing 20-30 feet all the time!
MT

Post by MT »

Is it as good as it was during the summer of 2016 and 2017? If not I won't even bother driving up there. Those two years ruined me.