What graph for ultrex

jtmoney

What graph for ultrex

Post by jtmoney »

So long story short, my old Skeeter needed an overhaul or I needed a new boat. I just fished off a boat with an ultrex and had to have one, so one is on the way and has the mega down imaging transducer, I figure while I'm at it I should take advantage and get a decent graph for it. I don't want to get too crazy with the price, what do you guys recommend, and what if anything to stay away from

Thanks,
-J
WRB

Re: What graph for ultrex

Post by WRB »

Icast 2019 is about to start and Hummingbird is already pre releasing thier latest and greatest units.
Wait until everyone wants to upgrade the past few generation units with the newest units and bargains will be available at a discount prices.
Tom
jtmoney

Post by jtmoney »

Great idea, thanks. I went and played with a few helix gen 3s today, but haven't experienced the gen 2 so i personally don't have experience to say I see the difference. But I'm thinking a gen 3 helix 9 or 10 so I can take advantage of the di+/si+. Still not sure which I would get better use out of.
JLBassin

Post by JLBassin »

I have 2 Gen 3 Helix's networked and love them. I have lakemaster chips which are awesome for the helix's you can highlight depth ranges and such, great for finding offshore humps and big long points real quick. Only downside is you need to purchase 2 map chips as they cannot share 1 even thought they are networked.