Lake almanor

biteme

Lake almanor

Post by biteme »

Thinking about making the trip. Any advice from those that have fished it? It's two and a half hrs from me so I want to make sure I don't waste a lot of gas lol.
Is it a party lake? Wife wants me to go fishing on my bday the 7th but I dont want to deal with a zoo.
Larry Hemphill

Re: Lake almanor

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Almanor is a beautiful lake - and worth the trip!! It is a bit out of the way, so it is rare to have a big crowd. August is probably the busy month. But those folks don't get up early, so the bite is usually good until 9 or 10 am. There are shadows on the east shore for several hours in the morning. Also, a great night fishing lake, but you better log some hours on it before night fishing. There are off-shore hazards! Drop-shotting always works well as does topwater early and late. Smallies love the MM111 Robo worm! Save some smallies for me!!

Lunker Larry
biteme

Post by biteme »

Larry Hemphill wrote:Almanor is a beautiful lake - and worth the trip!! It is a bit out of the way, so it is rare to have a big crowd. August is probably the busy month. But those folks don't get up early, so the bite is usually good until 9 or 10 am. There are shadows on the east shore for several hours in the morning. Also, a great night fishing lake, but you better log some hours on it before night fishing. There are off-shore hazards! Drop-shotting always works well as does topwater early and late. Smallies love the MM111 Robo worm! Save some smallies for me!!

Lunker Larry
Thanks Larry!
You ever fish Stampede? Thats my home lake but because of the work on Boca this year its blown out and its a zoo.
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

No I have not. Sure have heard a lot about it thru the years! Too many lakes in California - but a good problem!