Delta lure colors

Johnny marks

Delta lure colors

Post by Johnny marks »

What color lures to throw in the delta i know green pumpkin is one of the best but what about shad colors like the whites and lighter colors. Do bass feed on shads and other species looking to get some other colors rather then just green pumpkins and blacks and blues
monte300

Re: Delta lure colors

Post by monte300 »

Johnny marks wrote:What color lures to throw in the delta i know green pumpkin is one of the best but what about shad colors like the whites and lighter colors. Do bass feed on shads and other species looking to get some other colors rather then just green pumpkins and blacks and blues
Try red........and then a different shade of red......and lastly try red again....... :mrgreen:
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

What baits?
monte300

Post by monte300 »

jaime7819 wrote:What baits?
for me it's squarebills and lipless crankbaits.....but then I'm a cranker......
Charley Carvalho

Post by Charley Carvalho »

i have been having good luck on bluegill and red and brown craw colors lately for square bills and watermelon red black and green pumpkin for senkos
JLBassin

Post by JLBassin »

They definitely feed on shad and other baitfish in the delta. Too many to list but things like threadfin , golden shiners, hitch, split-tail, pike minnows and probably a whole bunch more that I am missing.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Right now the crawdads and bluegill are still king - watermelon red flake, big texan, black and red, pumpkin candy, junebug. Once we start to get the cooler weather you'll see more shad showing up. For me a Berkley Champ Swimmer in Sexy Shad or Sight Flash - dippy dye the tail Chartreuse if you want to get really crazy. IMHO my best shad imitations on the Dirty D are white, White Chartreuse Tail, or Sexy Shad - sometimes that gizzard shad will stand out but these fish aren't typically giving baits a long look they are reacting - so keep it simple in your color rotation.

Right now if your not heavy flipping or Punching with a dad colored bait your missing opportunities. A Canopy Grenades A-10 in 3/4oz with a Max Scent Green Pumpkin Party trailer KISS - KEEP IT SILLY SIMPLE
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/