Nacimiento help for this weekend - non tournament

Ranger519v

Nacimiento help for this weekend - non tournament

Post by Ranger519v »

I'm an avid power fisherman on the delta but the wife and I will be joining a couple who have a home on Lake Nacimiento (they are not fisherpersons). I know it has white (rather not), spots, and largemouth. I'm sure the lake will be crazy with pleasure boats, but any input on what to throw and in what general lake locations would be greatly appreciated. I've not been on the lake but if nothing else, I'll rip and topwater in the morning and then drop shot rocky points and steeper walls.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
'
Bob
===========================================
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
===========================================
WRB

Re: Nacimiento help for this weekend - non tournament

Post by WRB »

Every California bass lake will be crawling with lake lice on Labor Day weekend.
Launch your boat and go straight across the lake and drop shot the walls as early as possible.
The rest of the day you are on your own,
Good luck.
Tom
HappyDogBassFishing

Re: Nacimiento help for this weekend - non tournament

Post by HappyDogBassFishing »

Naci is a fun lake. We have done well there throwing 1/4 to 3/8 oz. jigs (green/red flake, or pb&j) on the flats adjacent to the main river drop-offs this time of year. Across from Oak Shores there is a couple good flats just outside the coves. Drop shots, shakey heads, and ned rigs should also produce. The white bass usually run in April and May, but you might find them up in the narrows. Smaller sized walking baits and buzzbaits early and late if you want some topwater action. Good luck.