9/8/19 Delta report

ElGuapo

9/8/19 Delta report

Post by ElGuapo »

Launched out of Russo's at 7 and started a low tide milk run. Water temps were in the low 70's and never got above 77 throughout the day. Air temps were comfortable all day, in the 80's. Wind around Franks Tract got into the low teens in by mid-morning which made boat positioning a challenge.

Thankfully recreational boat traffic was significantly down from the previous holiday weekend and water has cleared up a bit in some of the areas where ski/wake boats had muddied the water.

Caught a lot of fish throughout the morning on the punch rig but they were all smaller fish. Also had a ton of short strikes tearing the tails off the baits. Started getting more quality bites as the water warmed and we were further south. Here's the best bites:

mark poulson

Re: 9/8/19 Delta report

Post by mark poulson »

Really nice! Is that the bridge to nowhere in the background? :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I recognize that bridge, hey man you're fishing my water! :mrgreen:
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I like that flip to the grass clump while your adjusting your graph, i recognize that hook set - damn grass my bait is clogged up - oh shoots that a fish :D Slowing down on the outside got your better fish of the footage. thanks for the share - I sub'd and encourage others who watch to like and sub too.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

ash wrote:I like that flip to the grass clump while your adjusting your graph, i recognize that hook set - damn grass my bait is clogged up - oh shoots that a fish :D Slowing down on the outside got your better fish of the footage. thanks for the share - I sub'd and encourage others who watch to like and sub too.
:lol: Thanks Ash!

I was wondering if anyone else was going to notice that! I was kinda at the end of a stretch, near the end of the day and was really un-focused. I've been focusing on hopping the bait off the ledges to get the bigger fish in the deeper grass and boom that's exactly where she bit it. I just wasn't paying attention! :lol:
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

monte300 wrote:I recognize that bridge, hey man you're fishing my water! :mrgreen:
:lol: I need to figure out a way to blur out the surroundings!
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

mark poulson wrote:Really nice! Is that the bridge to nowhere in the background? :lol:
:lol: Thanks Mark!
nivanov30

Post by nivanov30 »

ElGuapo wrote:
monte300 wrote:I recognize that bridge, hey man you're fishing my water! :mrgreen:
I've seen you that day flipping that stretch while passing by. I've fished around that place too... Great video, I usually punch only on a low tide as I don't have patience to do it when on higher tide with more active fish shallower.
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

nivanov30 wrote:
ElGuapo wrote:
I've seen you that day flipping that stretch while passing by. I've fished around that place too... Great video, I usually punch only on a low tide as I don't have patience to do it when on higher tide with more active fish shallower.
Thanks brother, stop and say Hi next time!