Gov. Newsom threatens to veto SB 1

mark poulson

Gov. Newsom threatens to veto SB 1

Post by mark poulson »

The State Legislature did it's job, it passed SB 1, and sent to Newsom's desk.
He says he'll veto it.
He is a back stabbing hypocrite. He says he's for good water rules, and then sides with the Feds and the San Joaquin Valley farmers in their water grab.
Here's his contact info.
Governor Gavin Newsom
1303 10th Street, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160
Call him and let him know how you feel about his betrayal.
Go to his website, and you can email him, too.
If we don't speak up now, we will be screwed, bigtime.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
MichaelB

Re: Gov. Newsom threatens to veto SB 1

Post by MichaelB »

Select "Environment" ..... We support SB1

https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

mark poulson wrote:The State Legislature did it's job, it passed SB 1, and sent to Newsom's desk.
He says he'll veto it.
He is a back stabbing hypocrite. He says he's for good water rules, and then sides with the Feds and the San Joaquin Valley farmers in their water grab.
Here's his contact info.
Governor Gavin Newsom
Sacramento, CA 95814
You call him. I didn’t vote for him.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

gixxer464 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:The State Legislature did it's job, it passed SB 1, and sent to Newsom's desk.
He says he'll veto it.
Here's his contact info.
Governor Gavin Newsom
Sacramento, CA 95814

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

gixxer464 wrote:
He says he'll veto it.
Here's his contact info.
Governor Gavin Newsom
Sacramento, CA 95814
What's more important, saving the Delta, or being right?
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Selling water good business farming should be number one in this state.
I've been fishing many year here in the central valley. What there doing is nothing new. If you want too change it vote Republican and turn the state around.
Year after year same thing go on and people complain. Build more dams it's real simple call gavin newsome I bet he'll get right on it.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jiggin4bass wrote:Selling water good business farming should be number one in this state.
I've been fishing many year here in the central valley. What there doing is nothing new. If you want too change it vote Republican and turn the state around.
Year after year same thing go on and people complain. Build more dams it's real simple call gavin newsome I bet he'll get right on it.
Maybe you live in an area that won't be harmed by the water grab, but it is the death knell for the Delta as we know it.
I think the Delta should be protected, even if it means Stuart Resnick and his west San Joaquin Valley farming buddies have to stop turning desert into orchards with 24/7 irrigation of crops for export.
CLEAN AND DRY
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

mark poulson wrote:
jiggin4bass wrote:Selling water good business farming should be number one in this state.
Maybe you live in an area that won't be harmed by the water grab, but it is the death knell for the Delta as we know it.
I think the Delta should be protected, even if it means Stuart Resnick and his west San Joaquin Valley farming buddies have to stop turning desert into orchards with 24/7 irrigation of crops for export.
amen.
sent comments via link.
thanks.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Alright....can’t take it anymore......Uninformed urban Bay Area and SoCal liberals making accusations about farming crack me up....... My family has been in the agricultural irrigation business and has farmed for more than 75 years in the Central Valley.

First..... Yes, most Almonds get exported....I agree we should be growing more crops for domestic use but the fact that those crops would use any less water is wrong. Like anything else, ag irrigation is a hundred times more efficient than it used be. For instance.... a lot of Almond ground used to be in in alfalfa and other dairy feed crops which were flood irrigated and used way more water than the micro drip/sprinklers used in most current almond orchards.

Second..... most of the current water infrastructure we have now has been built and payed for by farmers..... the flood control many of you enjoy in your subdivision was put there so that land could be farmed in the first place.

Third.....population explosion and encroachment on desirable farm land is the reason why a lot of farmers turn to less desirable ground.

My opinion would be for the Bay Area and SoCal to become their own state and then we can possibly sell you guys some of our excess water.....you guys need us waaaaaay more than we need you.

Ps..... how come no complaining about all of that Hetch Hetchy water that gets diverted for those greedy Bay Area people ruining the Tuolumne.

If Gavin does “Veto” it.....it’s because it will hurt one of his donors pocketbook....all of Californias Liberal politicians are liars and thieves.
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

As a species we’ve given up our freedom for regulation. Given up our god given land and water to politicians who control it for their interests and never ours.

Not only have we given up so much, we pay taxes to pay for the people that have taken everything.

Pay taxes and make these people mega wealthy and get bottom of the barrel services in return.

And, for the majority of people this is fine, but run out of chicken sando’s and all sht breaks loose.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Well said El Jefe
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

El Jefe wrote:Alright....can’t take it anymore......Uninformed urban Bay Area and SoCal liberals making accusations about farming crack me up....... My family has been in the agricultural irrigation business and has farmed for more than 75 years in the Central Valley.

First..... Yes, most Almonds get exported....I agree we should be growing more crops for domestic use but the fact that those crops would use any less water is wrong. Like anything else, ag irrigation is a hundred times more efficient than it used be. For instance.... a lot of Almond ground used to be in in alfalfa and other dairy feed crops which were flood irrigated and used way more water than the micro drip/sprinklers used in most current almond orchards.

Second..... most of the current water infrastructure we have now has been built and payed for by farmers..... the flood control many of you enjoy in your subdivision was put there so that land could be farmed in the first place.

Third.....population explosion and encroachment on desirable farm land is the reason why a lot of farmers turn to less desirable ground.

My opinion would be for the Bay Area and SoCal to become their own state and then we can possibly sell you guys some of our excess water.....you guys need us waaaaaay more than we need you.

Ps..... how come no complaining about all of that Hetch Hetchy water that gets diverted for those greedy Bay Area people ruining the Tuolumne.
If Gavin does “Veto” it.....it’s because it will hurt one of his donors pocketbook....all of Californias Liberal politicians are liars and thieves.
Taking the water from the Delta is wrong, no matter who does it. I remember when the CA aqueduct was first opened, and the water started to flow south to the farmers. It wasn't 75 years ago. The first Aqueduct water reached the San Joaquin Valley in 1968. The rise of water exports directly matches the decline in salmon. Agriculture in CA is only 2% of the State GDP, but it controls 60% of it's fresh water. There was just desert in the western San Joaquin, with a few scattered farms, before Stuart Resnick and his Palm Wonderful company began to buy up the land for it's water rights. When the Shah of Iran was overthrown, and they took our embassy hostage, they became our enemy. Iran's almonds, which were the leading supplier for the world, were frozen out of the world markets, and Resnick began his almond tree empire, using below delivery cost water from the Delta. He didn't do it because he couldn't farm better land, he did it because he could make a huge profit at the expense of the Delta, and the rest of us Californians.
I'm sure Newsom is in someone's pocket, but then so is Trump, because he's the one forcing us to have to defend out water rights in the first place.
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Selling and move water is just business don't take it personal. Tramp going to be here the next couple days fundraising in the Bay area and Southern ca. and San deigo he making 15 million dollars for 3 stops from his 1% donors not bad
Hollywood's having a fit he coming to ca.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If newsome veto sb1 Here are some famous words too live by
YOU'LL GET OVER IT.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Blame Trump if you want to BUT there have been water wars in Calif. since Bakersfield was Marsh land. Business people on both sides of the political spectrum have used water to make their fortune for as long as California has been a state.

So how about voting out all dishonest people on both sides. Until you are willing to admit the wrong doings of both sides and the just plain crooks, move this to the political forum !!!!!!!!!!
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:Blame Trump if you want to BUT there have been water wars in Calif. since Bakersfield was Marsh land. Business people on both sides of the political spectrum have used water to make their fortune for as long as California has been a state.

So how about voting out all dishonest people on both sides. Until you are willing to admit the wrong doings of both sides and the just plain crooks, move this to the political forum !!!!!!!!!!
Exactly.
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

Newsom veto SB 1 today.
Tom
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WRB wrote:Newsom veto SB 1 today.
Tom
He'll learn the hard way that the water thieves don't play by the rules. :evil:
CLEAN AND DRY
steve0806

Post by steve0806 »

mark poulson wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:Blame Trump if you want to BUT there have been water wars in Calif. since Bakersfield was Marsh land. Business people on both sides of the political spectrum have used water to make their fortune for as long as California has been a state.

Exactly.
I agree with Rod and Mark! Move this to the political forum!