Garmin Reviews?

christopherstellar

Garmin Reviews?

Post by christopherstellar »

I’m looking into buying a Garmin for my bow, anybody buy Panoptix with the new 93sv Chirp? How’s the processor speed and the mapping?
Mark-C

Re: Garmin Reviews?

Post by Mark-C »

They have very active forums on Bass Boat Central for electronics, you could find out all you need to know there.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I had a 73sv )non chirp) on another boat about 4 years ago. I wasn't impressed with it. It was okay but it just seemed cheaply made.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

I have two Echomap Plus 93sv units less than 1 year old and have had problems with both units. Wish i had gone a different direction.
christopherstellar

Post by christopherstellar »

Thanks for the feedback, the price point does seem too good to be true
reginald

Post by reginald »

christopherstellar wrote:I’m looking into buying a Garmin for my bow, anybody buy Panoptix with the new 93sv Chirp? How’s the processor speed and the mapping?
Well, I have Garmin Echomap plus 94sv unit (which is slightly different, specs are here just in case) and I'm pretty happy with it. Got it online for a little less than $600, nice big 9" which is very easy to use and figure out right out of the box.
I’ve only had livescope out on the water once, had it over a month. Had issues with my head unit. But Garmin took care of me, and now it works.
Last edited by reginald on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjt18b

Post by rjt18b »

I've had a 93 with Panoptix on my bow for about 3 years. I don't really use the mapping, but do like the normal finder features and qualities. The Panoptix however... First year the graph stopped recognizing it. Back and forth with Garmin they replaced it. This year, 2 years later, I started blowing fuses. Tracked it down to the Panoptix. It is on my to do list, but doubt Garmin will do anything about it at this point. I like the graph and features as much as the Humminbird on my dash. It would come down to price if I had to replace either.