HDS live map question

Moderator: Ken Sauret

gman2

HDS live map question

Post by gman2 »

I recently upgraded to the HDS live units. A 9'' and 7''. All the ads say they are embedded with the
cmaps and will show contour lines. So far I've used then on
lakes Kaweah, Don Pedro and Melones. They all show only one or two contour lines. Am I doing something wrong? Having the maps already embedded was a major reason why I went with Lowrance. I'm not very computer savvy and my frustration isn't helping matters! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Edd

Re: HDS live map question

Post by Edd »

If you send me the product #’s I can tell you.
000-#####-###
gman2

Post by gman2 »

000-14415-001 000-14422-001 Thanks Edd.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Both of your units should be pre-loaded with C-Map enhanced charts (1 foot contours).
Make sure under chart options you have selected CMap or Lowrance....not sure which it is.
gman2

Post by gman2 »

C-maps is on. I still have nothing. But thanks Edd for checking it out for me.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Have you zoomed in really close?
DeltaSlough

Post by DeltaSlough »

is the Genisis live on in the chart options?

there is a selection in there where you can swap the different maps I believe its called Chart Options, On my HDS live 7 even with the Genisis live selected I find after powering down the unit I have to select it again the next time I power it on or it wont actively begin building the live contour maps.

if you have the CMAP one you should also be able to apply depth shading and that is actually my favorite feature on the unit
Edd

Post by Edd »

DeltaSlough wrote:is the Genisis live on in the chart options?

there is a selection in there where you can swap the different maps I believe its called Chart Options, On my HDS live 7 even with the Genisis live selected I find after powering down the unit I have to select it again the next time I power it on or it wont actively begin building the live contour maps.

if you have the CMAP one you should also be able to apply depth shading and that is actually my favorite feature on the unit
Lets not confuse the OP, he’s asking about contour lines that are embedded on CMaps.
OP check all the chart options to be sure the contour line feature is not turned off. When I get to my shop in the morning I will check the path just in case you can not find that option.