mark poulson

More Delta water news

Post by mark poulson »

Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Re: More Delta water news

Post by mark poulson »

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
Ignoring it won't make it go away, and the Delta will pay the price.
CLEAN AND DRY
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

:arrow:
Last edited by BigBassDaddy1190 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigBassDaddy1190

mark poulson wrote:See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
Ignoring it won't make it go away, and the Delta will pay the price.
Getting upset about it won’t change it, never has, never will. Can sign petitions and vote until you are blue in the face. The government will do what it wants. Just fish it while you can.
BigBassDaddy1190

:arrow:
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Maybe if we ignore you, you won’t post the liberal junk 8)
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

JoeLanghans wrote:Maybe if we ignore you, you won’t post the liberal junk 8)
The truth is the truth.
CLEAN AND DRY
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

Liberal Junk is what it is. This guy did admit voting for Jerry Brown more than once. I bet he voted for Newsome.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

gold fish wrote:Liberal Junk is what it is. This guy did admit voting for Jerry Brown more than once. I bet he voted for Newsome.
Trump is the one who is taking the Delta water for the farmers, so how is who I voted for as governor even an issue?
CLEAN AND DRY
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

mark poulson wrote:
gold fish wrote:Liberal Junk is what it is. This guy did admit voting for Jerry Brown more than once. I bet he voted for Newsome.
Trump is the one who is taking the Delta water for the farmers, so how is who I voted for as governor even an issue?
Everything you post is from the tree huggin, environmentalist, snowflake left field. You also rarely miss an opportunity to crap on the farmer of which many here are or at least in some way related to agriculture.

Once again your Bay Area liberal talking points fall on deaf ears and you stomp your feet that no one cares..... boo hoo...... have you heard of democratic underground?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

El Jefe wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Everything you post is from the tree huggin, environmentalist, snowflake left field. You also rarely miss an opportunity to crap on the farmer of which many here are or at least in some way related to agriculture.

Once again your Bay Area liberal talking points fall on deaf ears and you stomp your feet that no one cares..... boo hoo...... have you heard of democratic underground?
I don't have a problem with farmers, I have a problem with Stuart Resnick and the rest of the San Joaquin almond and nut growers who raise crops for export with below delivery cost water that the rest of us pay for.
In the middle of our worst drought they kept planting nut crops that require 24/7 irrigation, and are still planting more.
Trump's water policies will mean less water for the Delta farmers up here, and will raise the salinity of everyone's water who rely on the Delta's water.
Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.
Trump is wrong to do this to our State's water supply.
CLEAN AND DRY
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Mr. Poulson,
Your selective memory makes you lack any credibility. It was Jerry Brown who spearheaded the tunnels to begin with. Recently, you posted that Gov. Newsome had a chance to sign AB1 to stop the evil Trump and protect the Delta. As you know, Newsome vetoed it. Do you really believe the stuff you post? If so, the New York Times could use your creative writing.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

TonyM wrote:Mr. Poulson,
Your selective memory makes you lack any credibility. It was Jerry Brown who spearheaded the tunnels to begin with. Recently, you posted that Gov. Newsome had a chance to sign AB1 to stop the evil Trump and protect the Delta. As you know, Newsome vetoed it. Do you really believe the stuff you post? If so, the New York Times could use your creative writing.
Why is Trump trying to take Delta water for the San Joaquin farmers?
And is it okay because Trump is doing it?
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

California water wars date back into the early 1900''s with both political parties taking turns building waterways to severe thier best interest, it's never been about the publics best interest, it's always about power and money.
What was the San Jauqine delta like before the dike system was biult to drain the wet lands for farming? What happened to Tulare lake that extended all the way to the where the delta is now?
Dams were built on every major central and Northern California River to control flooding and store water for farming and not primarily for recreation.
The Feather River project was the start of transporting water to SoCal during Governor Pat Browns term and the fight hasn't stopped since.
Mark is right complacency or finger pointing will not stop salt water from encroaching into the fresh water areas of the delta. The only thing a politician fears is losing votes, so it's up to everyone to save what you believe in by being informed and voting.
I am a native Californian and love my state and it sickens me watching it being taken over by political special interest destroying it.
Keep in mind that SoCal could not servive today without the Feather Ruver project water supply and bass fishing would not be what it is today without all the reserviors and water that supplies them.
Tom
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

Poulson said...
I don't have a problem with farmers, I have a problem with Stuart Resnick and the rest of the San Joaquin almond and nut growers who raise crops for export with below delivery cost water that the rest of us pay for.

Where do you think the northern Ca almond farmers sell their nuts? Exported over seas... with that said, how about the rice grown in northern Ca? 90% sold over seas...it’s a business...
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Selling and moving water is good business if you have a big investment in doing it. I for one like the idea. They have a choice in this state if they want more water storage.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
WRB

Post by WRB »

Mark's statement about the Resnick family highlights the power a few have regarding California and water rights. Few know who the Resnicks are, how much wealth they have from buying grandfather water rights from local family orchard farmers who can no longer afford to compete or dig deeper wells to reach the lowered aquifer to irrigate their crops.
The flow of water isn't simply good business, it's more about political corruption.
Tom