New Melones

nate50

New Melones

Post by nate50 »

Hey everyone, I’m headed to new Melones for the first time later this week. Any advice on areas to fish or things to look for? I fish Camanche often does it fish similar? Any help would be appreciated
Whoopbass

Re: New Melones

Post by Whoopbass »

I was there with my partner on Saturday for the first time in 6 months. We caught 28 fish all day with nothing over 2 1/2 pounds. The fish were scattered anywhere from 10' down to 60'. All we threw were nail weighted senkos.
We fished the South end and half way up river. The entire lake fished about the same. Seemed like up river the fish liked the bait shook pretty good and the south end we had to dead stick it with an occasional shake. The fishing wasn't great. There were a couple times where we didn't get bit for an hour or so.
nate50

Post by nate50 »

Is there typically a swim bait bite?
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

There have been a few good fish on SWIMBAITS in the past couple weeks. Now is the time. Good luck
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
THE DR

Post by THE DR »

I was there Sunday. We had a dozen fish to 4lbs. Mostly fishing deep ledges and deep island tops. Best bite was from 20-55ft. Everything came on dropshot shad baits and shakey head shad color.

I threw the mag and glides part of the time and never had a follower...
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

There is a swimbait bite, but it’s been slow. Spybaits have been getting solid limits for me, especially when the lake is busy.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

Sounds like a whole lotta shaking going on whoopbass
Pat

Post by Pat »

I was there on the Dec 23rd. Fishing with a buddy and his son we caught all of our fish on Ned rigs in the top 15' . We fished Angels arm and between the bridges, did better between the bridges targeting points. They are starting to bunch up so if you catch one, hang around. Water temp was still mid 50s, I think it will get better as it cools.