Opinions on GLX Warranty Submission

Drakestar

Opinions on GLX Warranty Submission

Post by Drakestar »

Bought a Loomis GLX for Xmas. Tip broke off today (2nd time on the water, poor rod never even caught a fish!) while I was putting the bait in the hook keeper. Trying to decide between using the Xpeditor program ($100 no questions asked replacement, shipped right away) and sending in the rod for warranty evaluation (have to pay upfront shipping, might take a bunch of time, they might ask me to pay a $100+ fee anyway to repair/replace). It all comes down to how confident I am that this will be deemed a defect, and I have no idea. Any opinions? Better yet: any experience with either process?

The tip snapped clean between the tip and 1st guide. I'd like to think that I don't put undue stress on my rod tips when doing every-day stuff like hooking a bait back into the keeper (learned not respect the rod tip over 30 year ago as a kid when I bent one of my rods to see how far it could go - and of course it broke). But what do I know :|
IMG_0616.jpg
mark poulson

Re: Opinions on GLX Warranty Submission

Post by mark poulson »

Try posting your question here, attention Bantam1:
http://www.tackletour.net/viewforum.php ... 7ab100978e
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

Call G. Loomis customer service to determine turn around time and follow thier instructions.
The break looks very clean from the clear photo. Bending the tip back 180 degrees by pulling line straight back will over stress any rod tip. The line looks heavy 25-30 test (.018-020D ) from the photo.
Good luck,
Tom
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

Thanks.
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

It was a 14lbs leader, nothing too heavy.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Well, that sucks !! I've always used the Expediter because by the time you pay shipping, insurance, and have to take it to UPS, and all, then have to wait for them to determine if it's a warranty issue and then send you a new one or what, it's easiest and quickest to just do the Expediter !! You'll have a new rod in a few days instead of weeks.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

Bantam1 encouraged me to send in the rod for warranty eval, so I'll do that. Thanks for the lead!
And while I wait I'll fall back on my trusty Powell 733 for the stuff I got the GLX for.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

The crappy part is that you just got the rod and looking at the break it doesnt look to me like it broke from being smashed in a car door. Having to pay an additional 100 bucks for a brand new rod sucks for that you could have gotten an IMX.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

It's not great because I lost my anointed finesse swimbait/dark sleeper rod for a bit and it's winter, but it just makes me go to other techniques for the time being. My bigger concern is this story I've built in my head where, just like toys in Toy Story just want to be played with, rods just want to be fished - and this poor guy never even caught a fish and is now getting decommissioned for good just as he started living. It's quite tragic, I hope Pixar turns it into a movie soon :lol:
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

G Loomis shipped a warranty replacement rod last night 8) Thanks for all advice!