Lakemasters v1? V2? Plus?

H8z2luze

Lakemasters v1? V2? Plus?

Post by H8z2luze »

I've never had a chip before in my graphs. I just got a helix 7 and it seems lakemaster is the preferred chip. I'm looking at them and for the western states there are a few different ones... I'm pretty confused what one I should get. Help? Lol.
Topwater All Day

Re: Lakemasters v1? V2? Plus?

Post by Topwater All Day »

So you probably want the latest version that's been released, which is V2. The older V1 cards are still around and you can find them at a discount, but if you want the latest updated version, go with the V2. The Plus version adds aerial imagery over the top of the map - cool feature but not one everyone wants or needs. Below is a link to the HB page that details the different products. There are plenty of local places to buy here in the West - good luck and congrats on the new Helix!

https://www.humminbird.com/learn/mapping/lakemaster
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
H8z2luze

Post by H8z2luze »

Thanks. Just ordered the v2. One other question. Since the helix link, if I get another for the console do I need a chip for each unit? I just have one on the bow currently.
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

The Helix units will share waypoints and screen images from the sonar, but not maps. You will need a separate map card for each unit that you want to have the map available.
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team