Question about Boat Trailer Registration in CA

sdavis24

Question about Boat Trailer Registration in CA

Post by sdavis24 »

I've lived in too many states over the last handful of years and I appreciate the help... After I moved here (CA) I registered my boat and trailer, now I'm contemplating a boat upgrade and was looking for trailer registration info, but can't find it. I keep the trailer at a different location and know it has a CA plate, but don't remember getting a bill for it when the one for my boat came...

Q: for a little 17' boat trailer should I have a registration card, and is it annual fee? Any way to look this up online with just the plate info?
Dave Brabec

Re: Question about Boat Trailer Registration in CA

Post by Dave Brabec »

Ca has permanent trailer registration. Good for 5 years but they dont send a renewal. $10.00 for 5 years
Ive had my current boat almost 6 years and tried to pay online but came up no fees due??
nate50

Post by nate50 »

I just had to pay mine. I got a registration bill from dmv just like for the boat and cars. I had to send payment through the mail I couldn’t figure out how to do it online, I’m sure that was user error
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

California loves to do paperless titles for trailers, you have to pay extra to get a pink slip when you register the trailer. You can go online directly to CA DMV to find your registration info. If you're a AAA member, you can go to the nearest office, and they can do it for you!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

The Irony is its a paperless title on a trailer and a 5 year registration but LEO has no issues running the VIN and issuing citations so keep em updated
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

I've had the permanent trailer registration for about 5 years. Just got a renewal for $10 and was able to do it on-line. I got a receipt in the mail that said the first reg card I got 5 years ago was still valid. This was just a receipt and that if I needed a new permanent reg card, there would be a fee for it.

NoCAL
sdavis24

Post by sdavis24 »

Thank you all.