Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
ash
SpeedBump

Some Reference

Post by ash »

For those that are looking for referencehttps://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/24/ ... uake-risk/

The state has known about the state of the damn dam since 2008 and has done nothing to correct it so the fed stepped in and said hey you SHALL either empty it or correct it - looks like the state is going to empty it. Of course San Jose and the silicone valley will get more water allotment from the Delta and this just feeds the narrative of why the tunnels are required - Dirty *** politicians and legislators
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Re: Some Reference

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:For those that are looking for referencehttps://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/24/ ... uake-risk/

The state has known about the state of the damn dam since 2008 and has done nothing to correct it so the fed stepped in and said hey you SHALL either empty it or correct it - looks like the state is going to empty it. Of course San Jose and the silicone valley will get more water allotment from the Delta and this just feeds the narrative of why the tunnels are required - Dirty *** politicians and legislators
Amen!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Re: The Feds are coming to northern ca.

Post by jiggin4bass »

Really it's nothing personal it's just business
Now that TRUMP was handed a victory in Federal appeals court today the Trump administration can withold funds from uncooperative cities and states.
Guess who getting hit first on his list the state of ca. All funding will take a big hit in this state it's about time he did it.
Trump 2020 :lol:
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

California was not part of the lawsuit and tRump won’t bother California now because it will not pad his vote count on the ticket. He may save California for dessert though.... :!:

Bern ‘em all 2020!
Glenn Abuelhaj
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

gabuelhaj wrote:California was not part of the lawsuit and tRump won’t bother California now because it will not pad his vote count on the ticket. He may save California for dessert though.... :!:

Bern ‘em all 2020!
I'm a Warren supporter myself. She knows how to get the job done. I love Bernie, but I think Elizabeth is the better person for the job, and the Country.
CLEAN AND DRY
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

mark poulson wrote:
gabuelhaj wrote:California was not part of the lawsuit and tRump won’t bother California now because it will not pad his vote count on the ticket. He may save California for dessert though.... :!:

Bern ‘em all 2020!
I'm a Warren supporter myself. She knows how to get the job done. I love Bernie, but I think Elizabeth is the better person for the job, and the Country.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jokers
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

The vid below from https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/24/ ... uake-risk/

Feds order Santa Clara County’s biggest reservoir to be drained due to earthquake collapse risk
Failure if reservoir is full could send 35-foot wall of water into Morgan Hill

Larry Hemphill

Back to draining Anderson

Post by Larry Hemphill »

If I still lived in San Jose (moved to Yuba City in the late "70's). I guess I would have feelings about draining Anderson. I always preferred fishing Coyote and Chesbro (forgot how to spell it!) Big bass in those days!! Always sad that Coyote peaked for big bass (up to 15 lbs I heard) after I left the area. My biggest there was an 8 something and did dump a 10+ on the dam. Always was proud to have my photo in the Sunday paper (1972) with matching 6 1/2 pounders from Coyote. I think Joe Dearing was the spots editor then.

My wife and I visited some friends in San Jose around 2005 and was amazed to see homes built right (it seemed) up to the base of the dam. If there was ANY question about the dam - and there was even when I lived in San Jose - not sure I would sleep well at night if I lived in one of those homes. Naturally I have no opinion but always knew when I lived there that the safety of the dam was a question in many minds. Maybe to do with a fault line there?
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

mark poulson wrote:

Bern ‘em all 2020!
Yeah someone who lied about her nationality to get financial aid meant for minorities.

Back to the topic, we need more reservoirs in California to save the delta. That’s not going to happen.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Just a reminder fellas - there is a political forum if you want to get into it. Water truly is a bi-partisan issue, there are no white knights here. The one thing we will not let happen on this forum is name calling or strong arming beliefs onto one another.

So when it comes to politics and fishing let's stay with the facts and leave the rhetoric for other social media sites.

Thanks!

Ash
Links to Check Out -
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I have inlaws who live just below the dam, and they would be flooded if it did fail.
Kicking the can down the road by State Government has led to this. It is a condition of elected politicians everywhere, putting reelection ahead of dealing with hard choices.
Maybe we should put the management and maintenance of our water infrastructure into the hands of the people who actually know what they're doing, instead of politicians who just talk a good game.
CLEAN AND DRY
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I have been fishing Anderson since the 70's . One of the best lakes today for numbers and size .
Two years ago in October ----from the shore , I was reeling in a 2 lber when a bass that was easily 13 to 14 lbs totally inhaled an entire 15" bass --- then immediately spit it out . My PB at Anderson is 11.2lbs and I have seen plenty of DD's .
Most people don't realize in the mid 80's they had to drain the lake to fix the lowest pump output . The DFG and local bass clubs went in and took all the bass over 4lbs and put them in Calero . The article in the Mercury news has pics of the event ----but didn't say which lake . I only found out from one the park rangers a week later .
That one event made Calero a big bass factory for 10+ years . I have personally landed about a dozen bass from 9lbs to 12.5lbs out of Calero .
If the idiots at the SCVWD and DFG cared about fisherman --- they would spend the time and money to relocate bass into Calero , Coyote , Lexington and Chesbro . Those lakes would be awesome for a long time .
The rumor has it that the Anderson retrofit would take 8-9 years . They originally planned for three years .
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Last chance guys - play nicely or I lock it up. We need to discuss the effects of Anderson and Coyote and state water. It's important and we are all fisherman who care about our resources and have a slightly different view of how we protect them. Lets focus on the common care portion and not get into the Dem's vs Rep's. This isnt the place for it, never has been, so lay off the name calling and tribe signaling and keep it for your facechattock devices or the politics forum. Not here.

Ash
Links to Check Out -