Yamamoto Bait ID

Chad Sweitzer

Yamamoto Bait ID

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Found this Yamamoto in my dads "rejects" box. What is it?
Attachments
20200323_125747.jpg
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
TonyM

Re: Yamamoto Bait ID

Post by TonyM »

Used to fish those a lot. Not sure if they still make em or not. Think they called it the 6” Super Grub or something like that. If memory serves me correctly, they might have even made an 8”.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

This one is probably 8" counting the curl. Haven't been able to find them online.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
T_Bass3

Post by T_Bass3 »

I believe this is the Yamamoto Stretch 40. Hope that’s what you’re looking for.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Yamamoto made a 8" and a 10" grub but it now discontinued . They also make a stretch 40 that is just like it except smaller.

On e-bay there is a guy that sells 8" Yamamoto Grub in Black with a Blue tail and sometimes in other colors

I use it a lot in Florida , Also if you have an extra $2500 Gary will do a run for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GARY-YAMAMOTO- ... 79f12503d4
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:Yamamoto made a 8" and a 10" grub but it now discontinued . They also make a stretch 40 that is just like it except smaller.

On e-bay there is a guy that sells 8" Yamamoto Grub in Black with a Blue tail and sometimes in other colors

I use it a lot in Florida , Also if you have an extra $2500 Gary will do a run for you.

Hahaha
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

mark poulson wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:Yamamoto made a 8" and a 10" grub but it now discontinued . They also make a stretch 40 that is just like it except smaller.

Hahaha

hat appears to be what the guy on Ebay is doing . Buying in bulk and selling . Its appears to be new stock.

I use them a lot and like them a lifetime supply wouldn't be bad to have
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

This was a great bait but apparently it must not of sold well. It's one of my favorite spinnerbait trailers, I'd bite it off to the length I wanted as a trailer. I'd also C-Rig it, and fish it in the Delta with a light weight 1/8 to 3/16 and swimming it/dragging it along. I'm thankful I have a supply rat holed :) :)
Larry Hemphill

Ditto for Dobyns!!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

That was a great bait on big bass lakes like Clear Lake and Amador. Large bass feed on BULK1 They like bigger meals such as a trout, if available. One of the best night baits I have ever used for trophy bass. If you are fishing low light conditions or at night, you need a large bait to attract their attention. While I think the 7 inch Power Worm is the best night bait I have ever used, I would always bite off a 10 inch Power worm to about 8 inches, offering a more enticing meal for a trophy bass.