St Croix Legend Glass Rods

St Croix Legend Glass Rods

Post by 95340 »

Hi all,
Anyone on here have feedback on St Croix Legend Extreme Glass Crankbait rods ? Pros or cons, and how they may compare to the old Lamiglas Skeet Reese 705R models that are now sadly extinct. Any help or product knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
MichaelB

Re: St Croix Legend Glass Rods

Post by MichaelB »

I have had a Legend Glass 7'-4 MH for a couple of months.
I own quite a few other SC Legends and this one is very nicely built.
Very nice moderate action for cranks and it casts well.
Made in Wisconsin ......
I am still getting use to the diameter of the blank. It is a glass rod and beefy.
Depending upon your needs they have a medium action also.
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

I’m sure laniglass still makes a 705 glass just in a different series. You can paint it yellow if ya need to.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Lamiglas XCC705GH is very similar, graphite foregrip in lieu of cork.
Dobyns DC705CB is a little lighter power 706CB a little heavier power, neither have cork foregrips, Glass series Dobyns is a heavier weight rod St Glass.
Tom
milehi

Post by milehi »

I have had a St Croix glass cranking rod for years & like it ok for that. Handle always seemed a little short. Don't crank much any more but have used it last few years with a wopper plooper
WRB

Post by WRB »

The original glass composite Lamiglas rod was XC705C before Skeet Reese had it made yellow as SR705C. The newest version XCC705GH "Graphite Handle" looks like the same rod blank as my XC705C crankbait rod that I still use for deep diving crankbaits.
Tom
christopherstellar

Post by christopherstellar »

The finish of these rods is incredible and the guides and components are all really high quality. I own the 7 2 M and the 7 4 MH.

The 7 4 MH is an excellent 5XD Rod and chatterbait Rod for baits up to 1/2 oz. Wouldn’t recommend anything heavier.

The 7 2 M is great for 1/4 oz and 3/8 oz spinnerbaits and smaller squarebills

I like the cork handles and both rods are incredibly light and easy to throw all day.