State ban on recreational waterways? Delta Closing Up MORE CLOSURE UPDATES THRU APRIL 2

Fryle

State ban on recreational waterways? Delta Closing Up MORE CLOSURE UPDATES THRU APRIL 2

Post by Fryle »

Well I honestly already figured this was coming but I hit the delta today out of Lazy M marina and when I got back the lady who lives in the back house, not Ruth, said she got told she had to shut the launch down due to it being non essential. She said Rivers End got told the same thing and that April 2 was the last day they can remain open. Just wondering if anyone has anymore information out there on this if it’s going statewide or not. Delta is a big place lots of launches lol. Someone else had mentioned he heard the rivers are gonna be shutdown to. So I’m wondering if it’s a fishing ban or perhaps just boat launch restriction.
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Re: State ban on recreational waterways?

Post by FISHLIP WASHINTON »

Rio vista launch chain up
Vieira’s. Launch closed
BW. parking lot full ( fishin and hydro foils parking on grass)
Pirates lair. Parking lot full

So i made a big loop and drove staight home

Sucks
2013 RANGER.
Tom_walker

Post by Tom_walker »

Tikki lagoon whiskie slough & sunset harbor were all closed.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

To your point, I don't think they can close the Delta ..... too many ways in and 100s of ramps.
They certainly could suspend all recreational boating ..... that would have the desired result.
Lazy M and Rivers End are both in Contra Costa County. As are Russos and Orwood. I would expect if they were told April 2nd is the last day, we would have heard something.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Millerton lake Fresno county side closed today
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Fryle

Post by Fryle »

So it sounds more like a boat launch restriction due to people congregating there. Bank fishn it is I guess.
duaneg4

Post by duaneg4 »

I think this goes beyond a launch closure in most cases. My wife and I Just got back from a drive to see if I could walk in to fish Hensley or Eastman this weekend. Hensley’s parking areas on the county roads are blocked with closed signs. Not sure if the vehicles parked there will be ticketed. The roads in are blocked/barricaded at the county roads.

Eastman has a barricade at the pay station. No way in.

It’s going to be tough to stay sane.

Stay safe.
AVG.JOE

Re: State ban on recreational waterways? Delta Closing Up

Post by AVG.JOE »

Big break marina closes Wednesday April 1st. Not an April fools thing!
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

Fryle wrote:So it sounds more like a boat launch restriction due to people congregating there. Bank fishn it is I guess.
Don't expect that to be legal for long. Went fishing with my son yesterday and saw a group of 6 people fishing across the shore. They were clearly not a family, came in two cars, and were treating it like a social gathering. Gets my blood boiling; fishing is so easily done responsibly and "socially distant", and such a perfect way to stay sane in these times. But the people abusing it will ruin it for everybody.
JL

Post by JL »

Drakestar wrote:
Fryle wrote:So it sounds more like a boat launch restriction due to people congregating there. Bank fishn it is I guess.
Don't expect that to be legal for long. Went fishing with my son yesterday and saw a group of 6 people fishing across the shore. They were clearly not a family, came in two cars, and were treating it like a social gathering. Gets my blood boiling; fishing is so easily done responsibly and "socially distant", and such a perfect way to stay sane in these times. But the people abusing it will ruin it for everybody.
Nailed IT!
basshol

Post by basshol »

That's a fight the marina owners on the delta should pursue. They are essential businesses. As the law says GAS stations are essential. Doesn't say for cars only
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

By Jack'd up Fishing Edit
Report: Well, it's happened. I went to Folsom Lake today at Browns Ravin and they have closed the park.
You can't get through the gates let alone put the boat in.
Now, this officially sucks!
Rick G

Re: State ban on recreational waterways? Delta Closing Up MORE CLOSURE UPDATES THRU APRIL 2

Post by Rick G »

Talked to gal at B and W yesterday afternoon she says all good there come on up! Launch open and rooms available. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
WB Staff

Re: State ban on recreational waterways? Delta Closing Up MORE CLOSURE UPDATES THRU APRIL 2

Post by WB Staff »

From Orwood Resort, CA Delta

Launch ramp is open all day everyday- $
JL

Post by JL »

Rick G wrote:Talked to gal at B and W yesterday afternoon she says all good there come on up! Launch open and rooms available. Rick G.
Launch ramp is open "for now" as quoted to at B&W resort this am. All rooms/cabins are CLOSED!
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

JL wrote:
Rick G wrote:Talked to gal at B and W yesterday afternoon she says all good there come on up! Launch open and rooms available. Rick G.
Fake News! Launch ramp is open "for now" as quoted to at B&W resort this am. All rooms/cabins are CLOSED!
It's not fake news, he called yesterday, that's what they told him. Now, if B&W changed their open status overnight, that's on them. Maybe it was a different person you talked to or maybe its closed to you but open to others :roll:
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

JL wrote:
Launch ramp is open "for now" as quoted to at B&W resort this am. All rooms/cabins are CLOSED!
According to the residents/owners of b and w, they are open as usual.
nate50

Post by nate50 »

Anyone have info on ladds or paradise point in the Stockton area.
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

Sounds like the gas pump may have a bearing on the closure/non-closure. Called number left on Big Break sign, but no response as of now.
More importantly, can anyone confirm Tuttletown ramp open or closed? Web says closed but a birdie told me open???
JL

Post by JL »

JoeLanghans wrote:
JL wrote:
It's not fake news, he called yesterday, that's what they told him. Now, if B&W changed their open status overnight, that's on them. Maybe it was a different person you talked to or maybe its closed to you but open to others :roll:
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

JL wrote:
JoeLanghans wrote:
JL wrote: Launch ramp is open "for now" as quoted to at B&W resort this am. All rooms/cabins are CLOSED!
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

obsessed fisherman wrote:Sounds like the gas pump may have a bearing on the closure/non-closure. Called number left on Big Break sign, but no response as of now.
More importantly, can anyone confirm Tuttletown ramp open or closed? Web says closed but a birdie told me open???
I heard from a guy that they Closed Tuttletown either yesterday or today.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

This is for information on open and closures and that can change. No name calling will be tolerated.

Lets remember. Things change rapidly ... what was open two hours ago could be closed now. What was closed two hours ago could be back open because someone came back from lunch and opened it.

What is said is closed when you call could be open and just not staffed to answer the phone or not answering the phone because they don't want to be told to close.

What has been told to close, may be open later because the got "approval" from another person, dept. association.

These are unprecendted times and no one really knows what the "rules" are and it varies on who's making them, whos telling them, whos hearing them, how they are comprehended, who is following what they think they are supposed to, who is not, who is enforcing or allowing etc.

Let's know that launch info can change as fast as fishing reports. We may hear the frog bite is on or it is not. It doesn't mean we don't try to fish that frog cuz it worked yesterday or this morning and it doesn't mean we are successful.

Let's be tolerant of differing opinions and expect changing conditions.

AND YES, some posts were edited that were name calling, referenced name calling, quoted name calling or generally insulting.
JL

Post by JL »

JoeLanghans wrote:
JL wrote:
JoeLanghans wrote: It's not fake news, he called yesterday, that's what they told him. Now, if B&W changed their open status overnight, that's on them. Maybe it was a different person you talked to or maybe its closed to you but open to others :roll:
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Ladds was still open today.
JL

Post by JL »

WB Staff wrote:Ladds was still open today.
Thank you! Info that is awesome! :D
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

JL wrote:
B&W was open today, cabins and launch
JL

Post by JL »

JoeLanghans wrote:
JL wrote:
B&W was open today, cabins and launch,
Thanks for the update, I guessed correctly on all sides! Remember to Social Distance yourself! :lol: