So not worth it

Joe daddy

So not worth it

Post by Joe daddy »

That's a lot of acres bro. Fell down on the way in. Also shortly after starting to fish I kept itching my side. Thought just maybe poison oak or something. Finally look down got a damn tick on me. Little bugger way already hunkered in pretty good. Managed just to find just two decent fish. For whatever reason just couldn't get comfortable. Maybe just too much walking and to much to look at. Never really settled and just started fishing. Went to coves where the two floating camp sites are left of stringtown. Koodos to whomever had some footprints over there, but I made it to the pipe. Jitterbug carried us catching 3 good keepers. He just stayed on first point going in to cove, good spot. Said he had bite bout every cast. Water still little chilly. Fish pretty active, even where there was no stained water but obviously that helped. Also he wanted me to mention now 3rd time out he's caught a fish on first cast. Still no largies.
Attachments
IMG_1444.PNG
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
Joe daddy

Re: So not worth it

Post by Joe daddy »

Attachments
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1440.PNG
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

Attachments
IMG_1443.PNG
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

After yesterday's adventure my boat don't sound like a bad idea!
Attachments
Cheers
Cheers
MT

Post by MT »

So the only way to get to the water right now is to bushwhack it? There's no trails or roads where you can walk in?
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

Not going that far. Bushwhacking and billygoating. If you stick around the main areas to drop in at not bad at all just a hike down and up based on water level.
Just want to clarify "worth it". Yes fishing always worth it even if you catch nothing. Walking to all the way to the pipe, worth it? That debatable. It fractioned a lot of my fishing time, just woke up and I'm kinda sore. It was my goal to make it there and I did, mission accomplished. Not to sure if I got to many of those left in me just based on my age. So in that regard "maybe" good story I guess. This is all moot if I would of hooked into a nice fish. :shock:
MT

Post by MT »

It can only get better. Best way to get rid of soreness is to go on another walk. So I'm told anyway. Thanks for the report.