JL

Re: What Marinas are open on the delta?

Post by JL »

:roll: Here we go again :lol:
Yaboy

Post by Yaboy »

I was hoping to get this same information. Was
wondering if anyone went out today that might have the most up to date info.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

What was open today may be closed tomorrow. Probably need to call around before you go.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Ladds was open yesterday.
JL

Post by JL »

Just a GUESS, but I'm thinking not a whole hell of a lot! :lol:
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

This post says Russos closed

russo-closed-t126688.html
Louie

Post by Louie »

Ladds was closed this morning. Not sure when they blocked it off.
dfishing1

Post by dfishing1 »

B&W is open!
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Whiskey Slough ramp is open
Charles

Post by Charles »

The Sacramento County ramps, Hogback and Sherman Lake, will reopen on Monday April 13th per the County Ranger.
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Rivers End was open Saturday! Parking lot was swamped!
Attachments
B19BB72F-1D29-4FE7-BC49-28B5A56E15D3.jpeg
Yaboy

Post by Yaboy »

B and W was open today. About 20 boats in line at 0600 hours.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Fished with wife Saturday morning at Orwood.
Arrived 6:30 and main lot was about 80% full. Only contact was handing thru cafe window launch fee.
No line to launch. Pulled out at 11:00, no line to load either.
There were at 11:30 when I left about 6 ski/wake boats getting prepped. These boats had 6 or so people per boat, likely not the same family, no different than a saturday in july.
I was told that by 2:00 the scene at ramp and parking lot were chaotic and crowded.
The opinion was if pictures of this got out .... this would be a problem.
Hogbassing

Post by Hogbassing »

I went out Saturday at Oasis Marina. There was no one to pay just drop money envelopes to pay your fees in. There where quite a few boats on the water. I only saw 3 boats that I would said where not practicing in social distancing. This is no worse than the teen's and 20 something's at the park by my house.
The fishing was tuff. The water is muddy. I was told this just happen in the last 3 days.
Fishing56

Post by Fishing56 »

Paradise Point off 8 mile road was open last Friday.
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

Any Walmart/Store is a million times worse than any boat ramp. If the government was sooo concerned about this situation why not make every store like Walmart close down to the public and make every one shop online and have it delivered by contactless delivery like my pizza? I went to Walmart yesterday (first time to store in 3 weeks) afternoon expecting it to be a ghost town and the parking lot was just as full as any normal day pre-virus. I don't know if people were getting Easter Day stuff or what but there was zero difference in the amount of people. So lets stop fishing but not stop the bajillions of people going to Walmart or Costco, makes sense.
db220

Post by db220 »

d75bender wrote:Any Walmart/Store is a million times worse than any boat ramp. If the government was sooo concerned about this situation why not make every store like Walmart close down to the public and make every one shop online and have it delivered by contactless delivery like my pizza? I went to Walmart yesterday (first time to store in 3 weeks) afternoon expecting it to be a ghost town and the parking lot was just as full as any normal day pre-virus. I don't know if people were getting Easter Day stuff or what but there was zero difference in the amount of people. So lets stop fishing but not stop the bajillions of people going to Walmart or Costco, makes sense.
It does make sense because people need essential services. It took me 3 days to get a food delivery scheduled and a week for it to actually get delivered. How do you think it's possible for those stores to deliver to 100% of the population for needed goods? It's not a pizza.
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

Ok, Well this is what I'm here for...to answer your questions and solve the worlds problems.

Just one solution off the top of my head. Walmart/All other stores has employees that will still need to work if they close their doors to the public right? So have employees volunteer to deliver the goods that you and I purchase online. For those employees that don't have a car or don't want to deliver the goods we buy they can keep everything stocked and fill the online orders that come in. The Walmart drivers will get tips just like every other delivery service while earning their regular pay plus mileage. I am sure employees would want to deliver. If not there's an opportunity to hire some of the people who are unemployed. I am certain people would be applying for a job like crazy.

The reason why your last delivery took so long is because online ordering increased by leaps and bounds. Closing all stores to the public and having employees at every store deliver and others fill the orders and stock will lighten the delivery load to places like Amazon because you now just increased the delivery service by leaps and bounds.

K.I.S.S bro...Which means Keep It Simple Stupid. This is not a hard problem to figure out. If people really wanted the virus gone there are tons of very simple solutions that can be done to keep everyone happy.
db220

Post by db220 »

d75bender wrote:Ok, Well this is what I'm here for...to answer your questions and solve the worlds problems.

Just one solution off the top of my head. Walmart/All other stores has employees that will still need to work if they close their doors to the public right? So have employees volunteer to deliver the goods that you and I purchase online. For those employees that don't have a car or don't want to deliver the goods we buy they can keep everything stocked and fill the online orders that come in. The Walmart drivers will get tips just like every other delivery service while earning their regular pay plus mileage. I am sure employees would want to deliver. If not there's an opportunity to hire some of the people who are unemployed. I am certain people would be applying for a job like crazy.

The reason why your last delivery took so long is because online ordering increased by leaps and bounds. Closing all stores to the public and having employees at every store deliver and others fill the orders and stock will lighten the delivery load to places like Amazon because you now just increased the delivery service by leaps and bounds.

K.I.S.S bro...Which means Keep It Simple Stupid. This is not a hard problem to figure out. If people really wanted the virus gone there are tons of very simple solutions that can be done to keep everyone happy.
I know why it took so long. I think simple math would tell you that there aren't enough employees to do 100% delivery. I know a lot of people on the internet think that this is an easy problem to solve. I wish it was.
biteme

Post by biteme »

db220 wrote:
d75bender wrote:Ok, Well this is what I'm here for...to answer your questions and solve the worlds problems.

I know why it took so long. I think simple math would tell you that there aren't enough employees to do 100% delivery. I know a lot of people on the internet think that this is an easy problem to solve. I wish it was.
This isn't something that can happen without years of planning.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Few here have any idea what has happened in the last month
biteme

Post by biteme »

Well looks like we won't have to argue about this much longer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OANN/status/ ... page%3D378
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

As of today Tracy Oasis and Rivers End are open.
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

Years of planning? We'll all be dead then according to all you guys. lol.

If Walmart doesn't have enough employees to deliver they can hire more. They've got the resources to hire more and its not like they'd lose any money. Implement a delivery fee if need be, most places like Ubereats, Doordash, foodjets are booming right now and offering "Free delivery" because people are ordering like crazy and they're making boat loads of cash. I bet Walmarts/Costco/Anybigstores online orders for goods would skyrocket and sell more then they're doing in their stores currently. Tons of people are losing their jobs that want to work. I'm sure a lot of people would want to deliver for Wal Mart or whatever store if they implemented this. I feel like they're actually losing out on a ton of money by not doing this.

Guys, If fast food places can figure out how to deliver their products I'm 100% certain massive chain stores like Walmart could figure it out too. Maybe you can't but I'm sure someone more business savvy then us can.

My point is, what the governments point is, what most peoples point in this thread is that if you want this gone people should be indoors quarantined right? I mean that's why they shut down our launch ramps and lakes right? Cause they're so jammed packed with people breathing all over each other there. Leaving a massive store open every 100 yards is gonna take a lot longer to get passed this then if they'd go to online ordering and delivering. Seriously it's not that hard to figure out. Maybe it's because I've been a field service tech for 25 years and am used to driving around for work, it's not hard to implement. If Walmart/Costco can't figure out how to close their doors and deliver goods effectively and efficiently then I'd seriously look for new management.
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

And regarding the years of planning comment again...have you ever worked for a delivery service? I have, I do doordash every now and again to make extra cash on the weekends to pay for expensive stuff on my boat.

Doordash already has software/app made that tells the delivery driver what to pick up, where to pick it up with driving directions, where to go with directions, it plans the route automatically and all the driver does is sign in to an app that tells him what to do. When the customer orders something they pay through the app. It can be "Contactless" as well. Just drop the goods off on the doorstep. The app says when he arrives to fill the order, when he picks up the order and when the driver is in route and relays the info to the customer. The app updates and tells the driver and the customer everything...it's very simple to use.

And it can do this and plan routes with several orders at once. Everything needed is already in place for this. Just because you have no idea how to implement something like this doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't. It's already here bro.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Wow. They really got you fooled

Do you realize how fear has Been used by these Politicians to steal your freedoms?
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

How am I fooled? I want "EVERYTHING" open! Read my earlier posts and I'm the one who brought up that the regular flu kills 30,000 Americans every year, Pneumonia kills 60,000 a year and yes according to all the research I've done those are accurate numbers. Not only that but this Corona has a 96% survival rate if you do get it. Mainly the people that are susceptible to health hazards are at risk, fat people, old people, people with medical conditions etc...

My position on closing the boat ramps and lakes is to leave them OPEN! If people don't want to get it keep your butt at home but don't take away my rights. I don't understand why they closed them. I'm arguing the fact that if the government actually wanted all this BS to go away they would close the stores but they haven't. They're doing a half *** job as usual which is why closing all the boat ramps is BS.

I am agreeing with you J Gondal, I'm sorry you didn't know where I stood on all this but I made it clear in my posts up above.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

I apologize that was not directed at you
Jwbassin505

Post by Jwbassin505 »

I thought the question was what ramps are open not about Walmart or shopping or anyone’s rights but does anyone know know if Tiki is open?
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Someone said a few days ago that Tiki was closed.
Whiskey was open last Friday. The ramp is steep.
Jwbassin505

Post by Jwbassin505 »

Thanks Whoopbass
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I saw more trailers at Whiskey Slough yesterday than I’ve ever seen including weekends
richdoe

Post by richdoe »

Tons of boats yesterday at Paradise Point as well--parking lot was nearly full. I really struggled fishing that area. Most of the grass (edolea?) is covered in a slime (algae?) that really makes it tough to fish. Virtually any bait worked on the bottom comes back full of slime. Punching was really tough, as that slime goes all the way to the bottom.

I could work topwater to open spots--spook, frog, buzzbait--but that wasn't drawing any bites. Ended up with two bucks that I pitched Senkos to, but that was it for the day. I need to find an area with nice, fresh green grass.