Any Clear Lake Insight ?

MichaelB

Any Clear Lake Insight ?

Post by MichaelB »

Lake County / Clear Lake closure ends May 4th.
Any insight if the closure will be extended ?
birdman920

Re: Any Clear Lake Insight ?

Post by birdman920 »

Were did you get that May 4th info ?... very curious ?....
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Were does it say closure ends May 4th , all I read is SIP order ‘ extended too the 4th ?, & probably will be extended again !...
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

After reading closely!... all I get from this “ is Gary Pace has significant real estate holdings “ & is allowing himself to stay in business!....LOL !
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

birdman920 wrote:After reading closely!... all I get from this “ is Gary Pace has significant real estate holdings “ & is allowing himself to stay in business!....LOL !
I have a reservation at a Clearlake marina.
When the SIP order if lifted, the Lake will be reopened. They go hand in hand.
Feel free to contact them ...... I have.

https://www.clearlakecottagesandmarina.com/
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I wouldn’t hold my breath’ for lake to open ! at least to non residents!.....
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

birdman920 wrote:I wouldn’t hold my breath’ for lake to open ! at least to non residents!.....
You are probably correct ..... and yes, I could see Lake County residents getting earlier access.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

You want some insight, OK I will give you some of mine.
First of all let's cover who I am;

I am an avid fisherman like many here, I own a late model bass boat that I love to use every chance i get and a late model Pontoon boat so obviously I love being on the water.
Any bass fisherman knows that Clear Lake is a special place, people literally come from around the globe to fish here.

I grew up in the bay area and would look forward to my Clear Lake trips year in and year out, so much so that I purchased a home here a few years ago. Clear Lake is like any other community in that there are goods and services for sale just like your town. The biggest difference between CL and your town is they are sitting on one of the best bass fishing lakes in the country, and that is where the irony comes in.

We have motels that will take your money, some are more accommodating to fisherman (boats) than others but they will all take your money, so will the gas stations, restaurants, tackle shops, but when you get right down to the heart of the matter, the local community does NOT want you here. This includes those who are the elected officials.

The local community may or may not have an interest in the lake but in most cases if they do it is not in support of fishing, more like "other" water activities. Are there fisherman who live here, hell yes. Many people make their living from the lake, guides, tackle shops, law enforcement, and many more. But you are considered an "outsider" for coming here as opposed to a guest, even more to the point a guest with money. Those of us who live here and bass fish get "the look" when meeting someone new for the first time and telling them that's what you do. Oh? your one of those!

Clear lake has a rather large economic divide and for the most part it is a poor community, my comparison is with the bay area but still you have all heard the jokes about some of the local community, about the people who hang out in the city of Clear Lake, around Redbud Park. I am in no way casting shade at the different communities here, I am only pointing out that their is a significant economic diversity here. I would love to know the % from all the communities that are on public assistance, I bet it is very high.

Back to the irony comment, the Bass Fisherman's dollars are not realized by the community (the public) and the elected officials. I have to believe given the sheer number of tournaments held here throughout the year that the fishing community has a huge ECONOMIC impact but the "locals" do not want to admit to that?
Somehow those fishing dollars need to be documented even though "locals" would rather turn up their nose to your dollars and for buzzing around "their lake".

The elected officials share this point of view, that you are not welcome.
and that my friends is why YOU WILL NOT GET ON CLEAR LAKE ANYTIME SOON!
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Yes it’s the same every place. They will use the quagga as a way to keep people out after the
Virus is over with
This is nothing new.

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION - CONS

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 32] ( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25.
The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken.
(Sec. 25 added Nov. 8, 1910, by A.C.A. 14. Res.Ch. 44, 1909.)
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

and all this time I thought they loved fisherman & boaters ! because I am pretty sure’ the Quagga sticker $ ‘ went right in there pockets!...
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

When the Clearlake opens and it will. Plz stop by our local tackle stores and spend a few bucks. These guys are gonna be barely hanging on. All of us that live here that fish are just as frustrated as you guys. The guides are all missing the busiest time of year. And this economy depends on tourism to the lake in a big way. Rumour going around that it’s gonna open to kayaks and shore fisherman. Don’t understand why boaters aren’t allowed. Golf courses in Napa open but not the lakes. F’n stupid...
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Bsapp
Lake co news said the co will would make a decision on Friday.
We have 3 kayaks if you want to go.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

It’s official.
Only non-powered boats allowed on clear lake at this time
Bass4Money

Post by Bass4Money »

StogieMan wrote:It’s official.
Only non-powered boats allowed on clear lake at this time
Is it only open for locals?? Or for everyone?
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Opened to non powered vessels that can launch without a ramp as boat ramps and parks still closed.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

So what this is telling me, if the attached Lake County Addendum #4 expires on June 01, then ramps remain closed and "motorized boats" are prohibited until June 01 also.

http://health.co.lake.ca.us/Assets/update042320.pdf
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Well the good new is the wind has been blowing all week but today the lake is like glass.
Oh wait I almost forgot, I saw 3 kayaks enjoying a 20 plus mile long lake, and the were all together
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

it actually reads as follows.....
and will continue to be in effect until 11:59 p.m. on June 1, 2020, or until it is
extended, rescinded, superseded or amended in writing by the Health Officer.

So it is in the hands of one person, the health officer.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Correct, and they have also clarified that there is
NO FISHING from any kayak or canoe and this time.
Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com