Stanfords antibody research came out today. 40k to 80k people in santa clara already had antibodies. Can we fish now!

For political discussions
Chad Sweitzer

Re: Stanfords antibody research came out today. 40k to 80k people in santa clara already had antibodies. Can we fish n

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

There has been growing evidence the virus was here much earlier than was originally thought. Meaning all of these closures and all of the above comments defending this shelter-in-place order are ignorant and did not do their research. This virus has a mortality rate very very similar to the flu, especially now that we are seeing just how many people had this virus without knowing it.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Otay Michael

Re: Stanfords antibody research came out today. 40k to 80k people in santa clara already had antibodies. Can we fish n

Post by Otay Michael »

The TRUTH is slowly getting out, even though the MSM and libs don't want it to (Dem. Gov. and mayors are going crazy with POWER)!

New Studies Tell The Truth About Fatality Rates, 'a 10 minute course in what's real'

Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

We are not suppose to think for ourselves
Listen to big brother newscum instead
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

mark poulson wrote:If they're right, this virus is a lot less deadly than we think it is now. That would be great news.
The restrictions Gov. Newsom put in place has slowed the spread of the virus remarkably well, and have clearly lessened its impact on California. Let's not forget that in our rush to get back on the water. The stakes are too high.
Slow and steady wins the race.
The undocumented sanctuary state Newsome love for its illegal votes help spread the virus around greatly
Now he shall tax us more meanwhile those who are illegal are given 500 dollars again aid by the tax payer of this state
Wake up
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

J Gondal wrote:
mark poulson wrote:If they're right, this virus is a lot less deadly than we think it is now. That would be great news.
The restrictions Gov. Newsom put in place has slowed the spread of the virus remarkably well, and have clearly lessened its impact on California. Let's not forget that in our rush to get back on the water. The stakes are too high.
Slow and steady wins the race.
The undocumented sanctuary state Newsome loves for its illegal votes helped spread the virus around greatly.
Now he shall tax us more
meanwhile those who are illegal are given 500 dollars again paid for by the tax payer of this state.
What is his position on illegal immigration with this on going pandemic? But we Must shelter in place

Wake up
NICNITRO

Post by NICNITRO »

Why must disgruntled Californians put themselves through this.......California is a blue state. But instead of moving to a state that is more in line with your beliefs an attitude....you rant....complain.....talk about how other places (Texas) have it so much better. That's like a liberal living in Texas and saying the damn GOP is ruining the state and wishing Texas were more like New York.........
Here his the truth. You are not going anywhere-California will be a blue state-Texas will be a red state. You like it here in California. But love to complain.
If you really need to/wanted to..... go fishing, Lake Havasu is open. Lake Martinez (yuma) is open. There are places to fish in the next state over.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Ca. Bass fisherman Governor Newsome said you'll get over it. :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

As with all liberals you answer when hate rather than logic
I fish nearly every week. That’s not the point
The point is trying to save Our land
When presented with facts you ignore
No answers. Stating facts is complaining
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I voted for Trump and I'll do it again you guys just need to give it a rest the state will open back up soon the problem is you have way to much free time on your hands. You people complain so what you should do next election cycle is run for office and make some changes. Governor Newsome saved alot of lives. And the state will open back up in time you people need to get a grip. Protest and see how much longer they'll keep the state is shut down. Best thing to do is set back and wait. I myself not going to get worked up over this shut down I have to much to do with my lure company bowling and fishing.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jiggin4bass wrote:I voted for Trump and I'll do it again you guys just need to give it a rest the state will open back up soon the problem is you have way to much free time on your hands. You people complain so what you should do next election cycle is run for office and make some changes. Governor Newsome saved alot of lives. And the state will open back up in time you people need to get a grip. Protest and see how much longer they'll keep the state is shut down. Best thing to do is set back and wait. I myself not going to get worked up over this shut down I have to much to do with my lure company bowling and fishing.
Agreed.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Assuming the antibody tests are accurate it IS beginning to look like there have been a lot more infections than previously thought and the virus is less deadly than previously thought. HOWEVER, less deadly but more infectious is still VERY VERY bad thing.

Those of you saying it's about as bad as the flu are just being ignorant. This virus has killed over 40K people in only about a month. When has the flu ever killed that many people in a month? 50K dead while social isolating. How many would have died without social isolation? 200K? 500K? more? Antibody tests are suggesting about 5% of people have been infected. If 5% infections caused 50K deaths, then how about 250K deaths when 50% of us get it? Those of you saying those deaths are not as bad as a damaged economy should volunteer a loved one or two to die so the rest of us can get a paycheck. How about this, if you are careless enough to go out in public without following social distancing guidelines and get Covid then you should be willing to die at home rather than going to the hospital to infect the people who would otherwise have to care for you.

That said... I still believe that the social isolation rules could be made more sensible... as there is nothing inherently infectious about fishing as long as it's done sensibly. And there are places to fish folks, if you don't know where you just haven't looked.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

See what happens when you piss GOD off he sends down a Pandemic
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Jeff C. wrote:Assuming the antibody tests are accurate it IS beginning to look like there have been a lot more infections than previously thought and the virus is less deadly than previously thought. HOWEVER, less deadly but more infectious is still VERY VERY bad thing.

Those of you saying it's about as bad as the flu are just being ignorant. This virus has killed over 40K people in only about a month. When has the flu ever killed that many people in a month? 50K dead while social isolating. How many would have died without social isolation? 200K? 500K? more? Antibody tests are suggesting about 5% of people have been infected. If 5% infections caused 50K deaths, then how about 250K deaths when 50% of us get it? Those of you saying those deaths are not as bad as a damaged economy should volunteer a loved one or two to die so the rest of us can get a paycheck. How about this, if you are careless enough to go out in public without following social distancing guidelines and get Covid then you should be willing to die at home rather than going to the hospital to infect the people who would otherwise have to care for you.

That said... I still believe that the social isolation rules could be made more sensible... as there is nothing inherently infectious about fishing as long as it's done sensibly. And there are places to fish folks, if you don't know where you just haven't looked.
Agreed.
CLEAN AND DRY
not4un

Post by not4un »

mark poulson wrote:
Jeff C. wrote:Assuming the antibody tests are accurate it IS beginning to look like there have been a lot more infections than previously thought and the virus is less deadly than previously thought. HOWEVER, less deadly but more infectious is still VERY VERY bad thing.

Agreed.

Accept you forgot the fact the death numbers are being over inflated by “probable” deaths.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/15/heal ... index.html
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

not4un wrote:
mark poulson wrote:

Agreed.

Accept you forgot the fact the death numbers are being over inflated by “probable” deaths.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/15/heal ... index.html
I still think what Jeff C said makes sense, even if the addition of probable deaths raises the overall numbers. I'm not prepared to sacrifice someone I know or love, just to reopen the economy faster. Are you?
CLEAN AND DRY
Tobey

Post by Tobey »

I still think what Jeff C said makes sense, even if the addition of probable deaths raises the overall numbers. I'm not prepared to sacrifice someone I know or love, just to reopen the economy faster. Are you?
Let me start off by saying that I understand why you feel this way and that it is originating from a feeling of compassion and is well intentioned.

"Those of you saying it's about as bad as the flu are just being ignorant. This virus has killed over 40K people in only about a month. When has the flu ever killed that many people in a month? 50K dead while social isolating. How many would have died without social isolation? 200K? 500K? more? Antibody tests are suggesting about 5% of people have been infected. If 5% infections caused 50K deaths, then how about 250K deaths when 50% of us get it? Those of you saying those deaths are not as bad as a damaged economy should volunteer a loved one or two to die so the rest of us can get a paycheck. How about this, if you are careless enough to go out in public without following social distancing guidelines and get Covid then you should be willing to die at home rather than going to the hospital to infect the people who would otherwise have to care for you."

This statement, however, seems ill intended and rooted in divisiveness. Maybe not but it appears that way based on how it reads. The numbers just don't work out the way you are trying to represent them...it just doesn't compute. Not everyone is affected in the same way by the shut down of our economy. Some are in a better financial situation than others and will be able to weather the storm. Some of us are essential or critical workers and still receiving a paycheck making this a little easier on us. There is a huge chunk of the population, however, that is living paycheck to paycheck and are having a hard time surviving in this current shut down and this will lead to depression and eventually violence or suicide for some. There were over 42,000 suicides in 2018 during a good economy how much do you think that will rise if we allow people to go broke or force them to shelter in place with an abuser? This isn't as simple as you think! You can't just lock everyone up and say now you are safe...no loved ones will be lost now! I have said enough even though I have much more to say. This is a fishing site and look forward to the day this is over and we can enjoy fishing again. I wish you well!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I am frustrated, and angry, because we are suffering and it doesn't have to be this way.
The Feds have the ability to change that. Look at what the governments in Europe are doing. They are paying 80% of people's wages to the companies to keep them alive and functioning. Their economies will take a hit, but their people will survive more or less whole. We could do the same. For crying out loud, we're the richest nation in the world!
CLEAN AND DRY
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

mark poulson wrote:I am frustrated, and angry, because we are suffering and it doesn't have to be this way.
The Feds have the ability to change that. Look at what the governments in Europe are doing. They are paying 80% of people's wages to the companies to keep them alive and functioning. Their economies will take a hit, but their people will survive more or less whole. We could do the same. For crying out loud, we're the richest nation in the world!

Europe dropped the ball. They have over 100,000 deaths

Next you might say thier dental is better than USA
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

mark poulson wrote:I am frustrated, and angry, because we are suffering and it doesn't have to be this way.
Move to Europe then.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

You say the European government is paying the citizens for corona
Where is the money coming from?
Isn’t the money the government gives us really our hard earned money? (Tax)
So isn’t that money really ours?
Or do they just print more money and the dollar does not loose value

I don’t have the answers. How do we answer these questions?
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Truth
The problem is some people use logic Others do not
JeffKelly74

Post by JeffKelly74 »

I wonder if I already had the coronavirus... I wonder if this thing even originated in China, or maybe they just developed a test for it, and now are tracking it better, and assumed it came from there... perhaps this coronavirus was circulating for a while already.

Towards the end of last year I had a horrendous cough, ended up in urgent care with a 102 fever... felt delirious... it took about a week or two to fully clear up...

Curious to take that antibody test myself.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

It’s mass panic. Look up the Hong Kong virus of 1968/69.
It killed 100,000 Americans. Did we even think to shut down killing the economy and removing our rights?
Will our leaders push the panic button everything a new virus comes along?
Is this the normal we want to live with?
I think many people like to be ruled by a dictatorship for whatever reason
Those who buy homes with a home owners association are proof.

Anyone?