Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lipripper1978

Re: McClure and McSwain opening announcement

Post by Lipripper1978 »

Rattlesnakes! Beware!

One of the last times I walked the shores at the McClure spillway, I took my two kiddoes. I was VERY careful, yet I practically stumbled upon a den of 1...2...3...4 baby rattlers. All conveniently coiled in little camouflage balls. Good thing I had my kids on the sand 15-20 feet away. Never again. I love my kids and my limbs too much. I’m hoping to keep all of it.

This reservoir is meant to be fished from a boat. I hate to be that guy, but it’s time to put real pressure on those in charge. Zero cases in Mariposa county still...
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Residents within 10 miles of Lake McClure, as well as residents within Coulterville and La Grange, will have access to limited recreation at Lakes McClure and McSwain. This is in addition to the accesses provided to residents from Mariposa County and the Eastern Merced County communities of Snelling, Planada, LeGrand, Merced, Atwater, Winton, Cressey and Livingston. Until further notice, this access is strictly for fishing, hiking and biking. There is no overnight camping or on-water recreation. For further information, follow: https://bit.ly/3aHMnxP
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

What idiots are making these decisions? Nearby Pedro is still on total lockdown yet county residents only can bank fish at mc clure/ mc swain. Makes no sense and can anyone please explain how this is slowing the virus ? It’s all B.S. Every county is at the whim of the public health officer and their own political beliefs not what’s best for public safety or god forbid the taxpayers. The liberals have us right where they want us dependent on the government and don’t think for a second they will give up that control anytime soon.
basscattrent

Post by basscattrent »

Boy I am glad I am not a pass owner right now and live out of County.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

Ya, I heard they are stocking trout at the same time for the re-opening. The people in charge are geniuses. Now the banks will be packed shoulder to shoulder for the trout. “BRILLIANT” ....LMAO
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor

Post by 95340 »

Great clip from presumably earlier today of the trout being planted at McClure / McSwain on Instagram......don't know how to post it on here but if you look it up ya'll may notice that the two gentlemen by the truck aren't exactly practicing social distancing. No masks, no gloves, and definitely not six feet apart. Great example the good folks out at our local lake are setting for the rest of us after they open the lakes for bank fishing only. " Do as I say....not as I do " But I would be endangering myself/others if I launched my boat......absolutely absurd !
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

I called and talked to one of the rangers as I live in Merced County but not in the listed towns. He said Ill let you in.
And I'm with you Manzo, lets plant trout on the day it opens so everyone stands next to each other on the ramp to catch them. Opp's nobody was following the rules about 6' social distancing, close it down. Then they'll say we tried!!
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Look no further than the people running the state
Any questions?
Lipripper1978

Post by Lipripper1978 »

True about people running the State.

However, MID is also a player here. And so is county health. Can anyone shed some light on who and how these decisions are being made?
bshort

Post by bshort »

Just added boating effective 5/2. Same residency restrictions apply.
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Lipripper1978 wrote:True about people running the State.

However, MID is also a player here. And so is county health. Can anyone shed some light on who and how these decisions are being made?
Anyone that has been around for a while knows that Mclure has always been a little insane with their rules and that's on MID and Merced County. Just try and get away without paying. They will hunt you down and kill you and your family. I suspect they have a lot to do with the decision being made now.
Dobyns Rods
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

For complete information, please visit https://bit.ly/3d0Kn5p and https://bit.ly/3f9svqD
Attachments
95221765_1342419842814156_3131843006387191808_o.jpg