RIP Bob Higgins

DanIsaac

RIP Bob Higgins

Post by DanIsaac »

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I'm posting this today, and I'm pretty much at a loss for words so here you go.

Bob passed away this past Friday in Oregon where he had been living with his wife Dorothy and family.

Bob you were a true friend to so many of us and you will be sorely missed my friend. Dorothy, you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Our sincere condolences.

God's Speed my friend and RIP. Black and blue senkos it is in Heaven now!
Last edited by DanIsaac on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Brian 0167

Re: RIP Bobby Higgins

Post by Brian 0167 »

This saddens my heart, Bob was a great friend and will be thoroughly missed. My prayers are with Dorthy and the rest of Bob's family.
bobbya

Re: RIP Bobby Higgins

Post by bobbya »

RIP BOB IAM SURE YOULL GET A CALL FORM THE LORD IF YOU HAVE ANY MINNOWS !
Bsapp206

Re: RIP Bob Higgins

Post by Bsapp206 »

Some of my first memories of coming to clear lake almost 20 years ago was stopping at the shop to shoot the bull with Higgy and buy some new baits. I still look on the front porch of limit out and expect to see him sitting there. True fisherman that owned that shop. Bass master western open Am Champ as well.
R.I.P. Higgy see ya on the water.
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I couldn't agree more with bsapp's post. Bob was a big help to me with up-to-date info before a guide trip to Clear Lake! Of course, he would expect me to bring in clients after day trips to buy stuff "they should have used" - LOL My clients would just marvel at his shop - so much stuff in so small an area!! He was proud of his shop - as well as he should have been!! And his wife had the adjoining shop with all kind of good home decorating stuff. I always have done a lot of late afternoon/night trips and can picture him sitting in front of the shop - waiting to be of help to a late angler. Unfortunately - usually with a smoke in his hand. If I needed something for an upcoming trip, he would always try to have it ready when I arrived. Bob was always an Important part of my success at Clear Lake. I will miss him!!!
Doug Warren

Post by Doug Warren »

This is sad news. All my buddies and myself made many Clear lake trips every year. He would always leave the key for us and let us load up on tackle and never give him a dime until we left. I still have a bait he gave me I've kind of kept for a keep sake..RIP and miss you buddy
Ben520

Post by Ben520 »

RIP Bob prayers for family, there was not anytime I fished clear lake that I didn't stop by for advice or talk fishing.
RIP BOB HIGGINS
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Miss the days when we could stop in and talk fishing with Bob at Limit Out. Here's one from the good ol' days.

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Rest easy Bob!
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I always made it a point to stop by the Limit Out and see Bob. It was just my clear lake routine from the very first time i went to clear lake till the day he sold it.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
tthomasy

Post by tthomasy »

How many of us stayed at his cabins? Good times and a great gentleman.
bishopbass

Post by bishopbass »

Rest In Peace Bob, you will be missed greatly. Some of the best times of my life started with a visit to your shop and a chat with you. You were like the uncle we all wish we had.
VJ

Post by VJ »

Wow my first memories of fishing Clear lake staying in the keys I would see and talk to Bob everyday. Really appreciate the memories and info Bob, he is definitely going to me missed. Rest in peace buddy
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Bob was always a great help to me when going to Clear Lake. I've stayed in the "Cabins" too !!
He'll be missed by many. R.I.P. Bob !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Wow what a loss. RIP Bob and thank you for the help for teaching on how to fish CL and showing what to use now I have all the confidence to fish CL fun fishing or tournament fishing. May God be with your family.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Very sorry to lose such a genuinely nice guy. Stayed in cabins numerous times. He always went out of his way to help people. Rest in peace, you made the world a better place.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

If there ever was a man more in tune with the fish at Clear Lake, it was Bob. Everytime I'd stop and visit him, I'd drop 50.00 to 100.00 bucks on his recommendations. Then I'd go out on the water and catch fish with one of his recommendations. Always truthful, and fun to BS with. There were times when I would question Bob on what the other stuff in the shop was, and he would say it's something Dorothy would want to carry. He loved her a lot. We could sit out front for hours, and not only talk fishing, but life as well. I'm really sorry to hear the news of his passing, and I hope he's got "Heavens Tackle Shop" ready for us all when we arrive.
God Bless You Bob. RIP