Shasta Anglers, whats open

StogieMan

Shasta Anglers, whats open

Post by StogieMan »

I have not been on my boat for 8 weeks and need to spend a day fishing. I live on a lake that's closed which adds to my frustration. Thinking outside the box a little, I can get to Shasta in a little over 3 hours and that is within range of my tolerance. So before getting on Hi-way 5 and heading North I wanted to ask which ramps are open.

I have in the past used Bridge Bay, Packers Bay, Bailey cove. These I know
rico

Re: Shasta Anglers, whats open

Post by rico »

It's a zoo, every ramp has been full every day.

Stay safe, stay healthy, STAY HOME
Mark Hiser

Post by Mark Hiser »

StogieMan, it is the largest lake in Cali. Any of the ramps you listed should accommodate your launching. Spots are chewing, be safe on your drive, wear your pfd, catch a bunch and have a good time.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Packers Bay has plenty of room. Baily Cove could be tight if you arrive after 7 AM.

Last week I had a best 5 pushing 12 lbs. Yesterday I worked my butt off for one under 2 lbs. Good luck and enjoy your day.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Good luck have fun! Got out yesterday and it was nice to feel some normalcy again.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

I am leaving at o'dark 30.
Plan to hit the lake around 6am, out by 2;30-3;00.
Going to have to wing it, I have not been on the lake for 4 years but I am excited.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

I am heading to Shasta on Monday for three and a half days of fishing. I will take the conditions any way they are - at least I will be on the water and just may catch a few.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Water_Dog

Post by Water_Dog »

Bridge Bay might be closed, but all of the other ramps are open. Packers has the most room and puts out in the lake right across from Bridge Bay. They are spawning and on beds right now so they are a little funky, but you will find some fish. Have fun, good luck.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

I am heading up to Shasta tomorrow for four days of fishing. I called Bridge Bay last week and they told me that they are open for launching and would be staying open.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

I went to packers and it was not too busy, lots and lots of room to park, people were staying at least 6' away and the lake was great. I have not been there for years and had easily 50-60 fish, yeah they were 1 pound to 1.5 pounder's but it was exactly what i needed.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Gad it worked out for you. :D
I hit the water for about 5 hours today, pretty much same results. I did get one on a shaky head that pushed 2 1/4 lbs.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

Just got back from my 3 1/2 days at to Shasta and it was great, although a little warm on Tuesday. Launched at Bridge Bay each day with no problems launching or parking. Fishing was great as well! a lot of 13 inch fish but also a lot of nicer fish in the 15/16 inch range with big fish of the trip being a nice 2 3/4 pounder and 17 1/2 inches.