Tuolumne County just Opened up

StogieMan

Tuolumne County just Opened up

Post by StogieMan »

So Pedro and McClure just to name 2 are good to fish.
El Jefe

Re: Tuolumne County just Opened up

Post by El Jefe »

Where did you get this information?
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

All I can find is McClure will be open to locals. Found that on the Merced Irrigation District website.
Dennis "Pappy" Papike
Cal-West Custom Rods

Post by 392 »

As it is true the Counties have loosened restrictions it doesn’t mean the lakes are open. My wife went by Melones on the way home from work and entrances are still barricaded. Another rumor I heard is that when they do open it might be just to County residents. I would definitely check before you waste your time driving up.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

McClure and Pedro websites still showed that they were closed with the exception of residents being able to access McClure.
woodistic

Post by woodistic »

El Jefe wrote:McClure and Pedro websites still showed that they were closed with the exception of residents being able to access McClure.

Yes, and it will be like this for a few weeks. The ideology is to keep the bay area peeps away. Pedro will be accessible to Stanislaus, Calaveras, and Tuolumne Counties. I cant tell you why I know this but I do. Melones will follow.
lobinero

Post by lobinero »

I have been in communication with Bereau of Rec/ lake melones. they have said that they follow the White House guidelines for opening the lakes. Now WTF that means, I don't know , but we should be in stage 1 and lakes and parks should be opening. I mentioned that Calaveras cty. relaxed their Guidelines. They didn't cared...….
woodistic

Post by woodistic »

lobinero wrote:I have been in communication with Bereau of Rec/ lake melones. they have said that they follow the White House guidelines for opening the lakes. Now WTF that means, I don't know , but we should be in stage 1 and lakes and parks should be opening. I mentioned that Calaveras cty. relaxed their Guidelines. They didn't cared...….
That is a partial truth, Sacramento is/was following the request of subsequent county health guidelines. The unique circumstances that surrounds Melones is it resides in two counties, this is why you had glory hole closed before the Tuolumne side. They move super fast in our capitol so in all likelihood this will be the last spot to open as it was the last spot to close. If they were only following federal guidelines it would have never closed at all, much like alot of other states around the country where fishing has been uninterrupted.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

Pedo is not open. McClure will open tomorrow for local residents from surrounding counties.
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
woodistic

Post by woodistic »

RMANZO wrote:Pedo is not open. McClure will open tomorrow for local residents from surrounding counties.

But it is thou!

La Grange, CA; May 1, 2020

Don Pedro Recreation Agency Update | Effective May 2, 2020

On April 30, Tuolumne County Public Health Office issued a new public health order loosening restrictions on some recreational activities. In compliance with the new health order issued, Don Pedro Recreation Agency (DPRA) will reopen some day use areas including the boat launch ramps. The entrance gates will be open for purchasing of passes. When a staff member is not available, please utilize the iron ranger process. Campgrounds and the Swimming Lagoon remain closed. Commercial boat rentals are also not available at this time
JL

Post by JL »

Fake News! Read the order! Its NOT FOR THE MASSES! SHEESH!
MT

Post by MT »

Yep. Dept of Health order basically says if you're not local stay out. Hopefully it will pull some boats off of the Delta
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

MT wrote:Yep. Dept of Health order basically says if you're not local stay out. Hopefully it will pull some boats off of the Delta
And my favorite launch at Shasta Baily Cove.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

I'm missing where it says only residents from _________ counties may use Lake Don Pedro. I've been to the Don Pedro site, the motherlode newspaper site, and the health order. If it's there they sure are not making it easy to find.

One would think that the Don Pedro site that details what is and is not open along with phone numbers would clearly state that non_______ county residents are forbidden. As a matter of fact they point out that one is to pay the iron ranger if no one is at the kiosk. Since that is available, how do they prevent non ______ county residents from using the lake?
Yaboy

Post by Yaboy »

I read the health order that Don Pedro posted on there website and it does not say stay out if your a non resident. Also the order expired april 30th. I could have missed it but I did not see an extension. Also called the marina at Pedro and they said they are open to everyone. In today's time its probably always smart to call before you go. It seems like things change daily.
Wannafishmo

Post by Wannafishmo »

Campgrounds open as well?
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Wannafishmo wrote:Campgrounds open as well?
Moccasin No
Dobyns Rods
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Campgrounds and swimming lagoon are still closed. Some day use, but didn't specify.
MT

Post by MT »

I may have read the earlier order that stated in essense that anyone from out of the area should just keep on truckin. This is good news. Surprising news really. Hopefully it goes well and other facilities follow suit.
Wannafishmo

Post by Wannafishmo »

Jus wondering.... where does it say county residents only?
MT

Post by MT »

It doesn't.
woodistic

Post by woodistic »

JL wrote:
Fake News! Read the order! Its NOT FOR THE MASSES! SHEESH!

No sir you are fake news.....check your facts before letting those digits push the wrong keys and make you look a like a fool who doesn't know how to simply check Don Pedro's webpage..... smh
Garrett Clark

Post by Garrett Clark »

Wannafishmo wrote:Jus wondering.... where does it say county residents only?
Only in the local county boys' minds.