Shasta

CBoat

Shasta

Post by CBoat »

I have never fished Shasta and I amlooking for guidance. I would like to go up for 3 or 4 days. What launch ramp and which hotel is best bet? Please advise. Thank you.
In the beginning, there was nothing, then suddenly there was something, then it exploded and turned into everything in the universe, all by itself. OR In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.
StogieMan

Re: Shasta

Post by StogieMan »

Ramps and motels are personal preferences.
I like Packers Bay for the ramp and the Fawndale for lodging.
gman2

Post by gman2 »

I've been to Sugerloaf Cottages a few times. Had a good experience every time. And they have a ramp right there.
BAble

Post by BAble »

Bridge bay has lodging, slips and restaurant all on site. Very well run operation.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

I just spent four days at Fawndale Lodge and RV Resort. They have rooms with and without kitchens. Bridge Bay is less than 5 minutes away and launching and parking was no problem through the week but was likely a madhouse over the weekend. In 3 and 1/2 days of fishing I landed 129 bass with the biggest being near 3 lbs.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Water_Dog

Post by Water_Dog »

Fawndale Lodge is a cool place, friendly owners and right off I-5. Packers has the largest parking lot and puts you out right in the middle of the lake to go anywhere.
CBoat

Post by CBoat »

This is great info guys. Thank you!
In the beginning, there was nothing, then suddenly there was something, then it exploded and turned into everything in the universe, all by itself. OR In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

The gang helped with hotels and ramps. I just wanted to add you're going to get spoiled quickly at Shasta. The place is a fish factory and everywhere is good. The Pit arm has lots of deep creeks with lots of trees. The McCloud arm has hundreds of points and coves. The Sac arm is really known for all the long tapering points. The Squaw has lots of humps and brush in areas, plus plenty of points. Sometimes in the spring the Squaw and the Pit have good water color. The area around the dam is very clear and great at times but tough with such clear water at times too. There's lots of really big Spots and Blacks in there, but with the clear water and pressure they're smart too. Shasta's not only CA's largest reservoir, it's one of the state's most beautiful lakes. Senkos, Robo worms, tubes, jigs and hula grubs are all must have baits for Shasta. You're going to be spoiled!!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Folsom Bass Team used to go up the second week of June every year. Most of us would stay for a week. Why the second week of June? That post spawn top water bite would be on like donkey kong, A Super Spook or other larger profile walking bait on 30lb braid making long bomb casts. Those spots will move up and down a point very quickly and often times suspend in 20-30' over a point that is in 100' + It's one of the few lakes where a topwater bait is tied on and thrown throughout the day as the school will light up quickly and disperse.

It's also a great jerkbait lake IMHO, a Pointer 100 and Staycee90 can just whoop on em once they start to tuck into the trees or if they wont come up to play with the topwater.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
CBoat

Post by CBoat »

You guys got me all pumped up. I didn't make it though! Thanks for all the amazing info! Going out there as soon as I can.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Talked with a great friend that fished Shasta last two days and is back out this morning. Fishing is great!!
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Was out Wednesday, strange day, a big zero all morning. Made up for it after lunch, quality fish, one almost 3lbs. Friend was out later that evening and picked up a 4lb spot.