Casitas........

Kelly Ripa

Casitas........

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I just read the minutes from the water board meeting...It seems there is an emergency plan the board has enacted.
Quote:
The General Manager or his designee may exercise discretion as to the ongoing operation of the Lake Casitas Recreation Area up to, and including, its partial or full closure for the duration of Casitas-declared emergency.

I'm guessing they are going to be full blown a## holes as I'm sure they declared the emegency...They have stated on the web site that the water park will not be open this year....Harbinger of other things to come ? They will just change my yearly pass for the time they were closed to compensate. Life is good... :wink: ...I better winterize my fuel system........ :idea:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Casitas........

Post by ash »

im sure they will remain open to kaykers and canoes seems that has been the push for the past 20 years now. Private lake without those pesky boats making noise. - On Golden Pond
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

You know not my friend Ash. Casitas won't let you past the gate. No entry for anyone.You can't get near it. You cannot walk it's BLM trails, ride your bike,as our custodians of safe drinking water they are tireless at $crewing up this lake so as I've never seen any canoes on this pond it's likely they will keep all humans out until July or later imho. I think it unlikely they can outright ban boating but will keep it shut as long as possible..This is ground zero quagga land and the size and scope of our water board's ignorance is to be marveled at...until you realize their political ambitions and that it's been the plan all along to take a truly world class fishery and make it into a kiddie pool with a few camping spots north or L.A..... Like anything garbage in garbage out and they suck at what they do beyond belief. How they became the custodians of all that BLM acreage is beyond me...A whole lot of things can/could have been done with it. Good luck on that. :oops: ...Just now watching as the San Diego area lakes go down lock stock and barrel.They have to protect us.I'm so happy I could go Johnathan Hillstrand right now..... :lol:

Ripa
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
WRB

Post by WRB »

Thank you for the update. It's difficult to get any reliable info on Casitas re opening dates.
Tom
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Kelly Ripa wrote:You know not my friend Ash. Casitas won't let you past the gate. No entry for anyone.You can't get near it. You cannot walk it's BLM trails, ride your bike,as our custodians of safe drinking water they are tireless at $crewing up this lake so as I've never seen any canoes on this pond it's likely they will keep all humans out until July or later imho. I think it unlikely they can outright ban boating but will keep it shut as long as possible..This is ground zero quagga land and the size and scope of our water board's ignorance is to be marveled at...until you realize their political ambitions and that it's been the plan all along to take a truly world class fishery and make it into a kiddie pool with a few camping spots north or L.A..... Like anything garbage in garbage out and they suck at what they do beyond belief. How they became the custodians of all that BLM acreage is beyond me...A whole lot of things can/could have been done with it. Good luck on that. :oops: ...Just now watching as the San Diego area lakes go down lock stock and barrel.They have to protect us.I'm so happy I could go Johnathan Hillstrand right now..... :lol:

Ripa
My mistake, poor recollection for me. Sorry to hear that they are yanking it around, such a great jewel of a fishery.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:
Kelly Ripa wrote:You know not my friend Ash. Casitas won't let you past the gate. No entry for anyone.You can't get near it. You cannot walk it's BLM trails, ride your bike,as our custodians of safe drinking water they are tireless at $crewing up this lake so as I've never seen any canoes on this pond it's likely they will keep all humans out until July or later imho. I think it unlikely they can outright ban boating but will keep it shut as long as possible..This is ground zero quagga land and the size and scope of our water board's ignorance is to be marveled at...until you realize their political ambitions and that it's been the plan all along to take a truly world class fishery and make it into a kiddie pool with a few camping spots north or L.A..... Like anything garbage in garbage out and they suck at what they do beyond belief. How they became the custodians of all that BLM acreage is beyond me...A whole lot of things can/could have been done with it. Good luck on that. :oops: ...Just now watching as the San Diego area lakes go down lock stock and barrel.They have to protect us.I'm so happy I could go Johnathan Hillstrand right now..... :lol:

Ripa
My mistake, poor recollection for me. Sorry to hear that they are yanking it around, such a great jewel of a fishery.
It used to be, before those savage steelhead come over the Dam and took over!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
HawgHunter49

Post by HawgHunter49 »

That's sad to hear, I remember hearing such great things about San Diego Lunkers. Been doing a lot more bank fishing up in Northern California lately. They finally started opening up boat ramps here and there up here. Adapt and overcome.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Casitas is 160 miles north of San Diego.
Anyone interested in a cabled/tagged Casitas bass boat?
Tom