Back to CDA

ttb31183

Back to CDA

Post by ttb31183 »

Now that things are slowly starting to open back up, I'm going to start to venture to Idaho more. The state had stopped sales of out of state licenses and were discouraging anglers from coming there for recreation. But things are better now and I made a trip to Lake Coeur d'Alene this week.

I started off the day in shallow water targeting largemouth with frogs and swim jigs. I caught some on both and also a few on wacky-rigs and a vibrating jig. There are plenty of ways to catch them right now, but I've been having a blast throwing a frog and having a hard time putting it down. Haven't caught a big one on it yet but still a blast getting so many bites.

I did spend some time looking for new areas. Even though I'm very familiar with the lake, I tend to spend most of my time over there in the summer and fall. Springtime fishing there is still a mystery, especially with the smallmouth. I decided to look for some new places and stumbled into several decent smallmouth on jerkbaits near staging areas.

In total, I probably caught 20 or so bass with a nice mix of both species. Really can't complain about that. I'm sure I'll make a few more trips out there soon just to explore some more.

I also wanted to share this shot of my Lowrance/Navionics combo and the sat overlay feature. It is really cool to be able to do this to see what is online as well as in the water. Currently, it doesn't work for every lake but it is really awesome for the ones with the satellite mapping.

Tyler Brinks