8 pounder

Joe daddy

8 pounder

Post by Joe daddy »

So just been laying low lately. Some how I got my hands on a picture worthy fish from oroville awhile back. I believe enough time has passed so I’m going to post it.
The fishing story-
So, jitterbug and I were out beating the banks up like we do. On our way back up we run into a guy with his girlfriend walking down the ramp. We start b s ing with them and dude is like ‘yeah my buddy caught an 8 pounder the other day.’ So we were like ‘oh that’s cool take it easy’ and proceeded on our walk up. After that of course we were joking back and forth yeah I caught a 5 pounder, yeah I had a 6 pounder on but she broke me off.
So, the next day by chance jb runs into one of his old high school buddys. They shortly got to talking about fishing when jbs buddy says one of the kids he coaches caught an 8 pounder at oroville and sent him this picture.
All this transpired in early April.
Attachments
059DC254-F78A-4BAF-9FE8-C7E50ACCAB7E.jpeg
mark poulson

Re: 8 pounder

Post by mark poulson »

Good story, good picture, nice fish!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ash
SpeedBump

WOW

Post by ash »

An 8lber at Orroville is huge what an awesome fish and a great memorable story to go with it.

Congrats
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Larry Hemphill

Finally - a perfect photo!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Ash is right - that is the fish of a lifetime since it was from Oroville. A fish that size is rare indeed!

I wanted to say how wonderful to have a perfect photo of a perfect bass Markings, color, fins, photo in general
was great. Perfect amount of background scenery while making the bass and the angler the main subject!

Just a suggestion for your next trophy photo - not so much of your left hand showing - use just 2 fingers to support the back of the fish and just the finger tips. We went to see the whole girth including the back near the tail. That part of the bass is impressive also when they get in the 8 lb range - that is where some of the 8 lbs is found!!

If I thought about it and the bass let me hold her long enough for a great photo, I would have moved the belly out
just a bit. That is how you show the true girth of a monster - from top to bottom!! But you did well - never turn the belly inward from the camera as it will make the trophy bass a little less impressive!

Truly, that is one of the nicest bass photos I have seen in a long time - from any lake! And Oroville - what a hoot!!!

By the way, the happy angler looked great too! The photo is is cover photo material!!!

"Lunker" Larry Hemphill
Joe daddy

Re: 8 pounder

Post by Joe daddy »

I don’t know why yous guys thanking me for. I just posted the picture so everyone can see it. If you want to thank me for that, I’ll take it. I am glad to see that somebody got a nice one during the lockdown.