New Melones

machadobass

New Melones

Post by machadobass »

A buddy of mine fished all night and look what he found when he pulled out at eight in the morning! Funny part was I warned him about that the day before.
machadobass

Re: New Melones

Post by machadobass »

Sorry I forgot the attachment.
Attachments
B118C9BC-99A9-401A-ABA9-E3E2239E6EBE.jpeg
Bass4Money

Post by Bass4Money »

It was on the boat??? Wtf!!!!
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Damn, that's scary. I had a small king snake make its way on the boat last year and was surprised to see it work its way up through the jack plate. Thanks for posting.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Would suck to be the co-angler on that boat !
machadobass

Post by machadobass »

He spent the whole night out there and has no idea when it got into the boat. Funny part was I warned him about that crap the day before. He’s not too happy but at least he didn’t get bit.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

I have a similar story from New Melones last year. A small rattler about 16 to 18 inches swam out to my boat and my buddy slapped at it with his pole and the thing disappeared. We kept looking around and never did see it again. We left for home the next day where I covered the boat and put it in the garage. A week later, I pulled the boat out to uncover it for another day of fishing and there was that little succor, laying on top of the cover just forward of the windshield. I wish I could explain how it all happened but Dang, I just can't!
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

I did not know rattle snake like to swim. But why are the attracted to boats?

Post by 392 »

At Melones last week had one trying to crawl up in the boat. Put the trolling motor on high and he followed. They think it’s land I guess and just want to get out of the water
Spanky211

Post by Spanky211 »

Fiberglass Boats heat up and radiate the heat they absorb throughout the day.
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Snakes swim pretty well. It’s happened to me and a couple of my buddies too. I think they get tired and look for something to climb up onto to rest. They always seem to come up the jack-plate.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

I posted above. I do have a theory on my incident. My boat is an aluminum multi specie and sits to high out of the water for a small snake to climb aboard. We had checked all around the engine multiple times without seeing the snake. I am thinking that he made it into the livewell drain hole and then worked his way around inside the boat and was finally able to come out and get onto the cover.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I have seen and heard of that happening down South with water moccasins. Never heard of it happening with Rattlesnakes, wow! Could happen anywhere in Northern, CA I would think.
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

A group of us went up the south fork for an overnight fishing trip. Anchored all the boats put out lights and caught some fish. The next morning at the ramp we were wiping my boat down and inside the motor bracket where the trim piston is is a snake all curled up in there. It was a gopher snake but made a lot of commotion on the ramp when I pulled it out and let it go.