Catching Red Drum On Vudu Shrimp Under A Popping Cork - Fun Action!

lukedh94

Catching Red Drum On Vudu Shrimp Under A Popping Cork - Fun Action!

Post by lukedh94 »

Hey guys,

We went to the beach a couple weeks ago which was pretty exciting... as I'm sure it's the same as yall but we usually only get to fish freshwater (beach is a long drive!) so being able to target saltwater species was a fun change!

We caught a number of red drum/redfish during the trip and caught a couple on an artificial shrimp lure (vudu shrimp) under a popping cork while fishing the sound/marsh. Definitely one of our favorite ways to fish for these fish and they are such strong fighters! We put a little tutorial together for anyone that may not have a lot of experience fishing for these guys!

I find a lot of people, especially if you are new to fishing, at the beach just throw their line out as far as possible and hope a fish bites. However, you can drastically increase your effectiveness when fishing saltwater if you get some techniques down.

I'd say fishing a popping cork is one of the best ways for a beginner to get into saltwater fishing (and this is generally when fishing in the sound/marsh). The popping cork will catch just about any inshore species so we wanted to walk you all through that setup and then the proper technique for fishing one.

Hoping this video is helpful and you'll be able to try some of these tips when you fish saltwater next!

Hope yall have a good week!