Syncing carbon to ghost

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Derek.

Syncing carbon to ghost

Post by Derek. »

Anyone have a answer. My Carbon will not recgonize my ghost. Have the latest update on my carbon.
BMX Bassin

Re: Syncing carbon to ghost

Post by BMX Bassin »

My HD’s live doesn’t either. The Lowrance people said you need an nmea2000 connection between trolling motor and unit. I am looking for a short one now.
BMX Mike
Derek.

Post by Derek. »

I figured it out from the guys at Russell Marine . Like everything with lowrance they tell you all the things there stuff can do but dont mention the hundreds off dollars you have to spend to make it work. They give you a T. I had to buy a $70 NHMA starter kit to make it work . Just plug and play they say
Edd

Post by Edd »

Derek. wrote:I figured it out from the guys at Russell Marine . Like everything with lowrance they tell you all the things there stuff can do but dont mention the hundreds off dollars you have to spend to make it work. They give you a T. I had to buy a $70 NHMA starter kit to make it work . Just plug and play they say
Why would you ever think you could install this into your N2K network when you don't have the N2K network?
What did you think the 'T' was for? Seasoned users of any brand electronics know that when you receive a 'T' with your new electronic device, IT is inserted into the N2K network. So when you looked on-line at what was included IN the BOX, you should have known then that you needed a N2K network.
Derek.

Post by Derek. »

Sorry there Edd guess im not a seasoned vet like you